Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics and VRAM

manuelrdz3
Beginner

Hi guys this is my processor :11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz with Iris Xe Graphics 

And this is my Computer: Acer aspire A515-56 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD

I have a Total available graphics memory of 8219 MB and just 128MB Dedicated video Memory, the rest of it (8091 MB) is for the shared System Memory. This is strange right?

My problem is that I would like to play some games that require 512 MB Dedicated Video Memory but I am unable to increase the VRAM. 

Does anyone know how to solve this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @manuelrdz3 

This is correct what you are seeing. The size of the memory is controlled  by the Graphics Driver and Windows. Please read Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10 where this subject is explained.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let me add,

If you have a game that is refusing to run because it says that there isn't enough dedicated memory, this is a bug in this program! You need to be approaching the authors of this program for a fix, not Intel.

...S

vdnieto
Beginner
  • When in the BIOS/UEFI look for an option that allows you to change VGA Share Memory Size or VRAM Size.
0 Kudos