Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver

Tan0002
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

We 've a problem with the Intel core i7-1180g7 processor.

We can't find the driver for it on the Intel product, so we use the  Intel Graphics- Windows* DCH Drivers. When we start the PC, after running bios to login, it shows black screen. if we uninstall the driver, the pc run normally. So:

- How  do we fix the black screen ?

- which driver and version should we install?

- When will there be a driver for this processor?

ps: we are OEM, we use the processor for our product. It use windows 10 20H2, window 10 21H1.

I have checked all connectors, they are working fine.

Thank you

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Tan0002, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance and provide the answer to your questions, first, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before without the black screen issue? 

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides installing the graphics driver that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Tan0002
Beginner

Dear Albert R.

We are building a new product for the company, It uses the intel core i7-1180g7 so we want a driver for graphics on this processor. We believe that the Intel Graphics driver- Windows * DCH Drivers are not compatible with the processor.

I answer your questions as follows:

What is the model of the laptop?

It uses the processor intel core i7-1180G7 with graphics intel Iris Xe graphics

Is this a new computer?

Yes

Was it working fine before without the black screen issue? 

Yes, it was.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides installing the graphics driver that might cause this problem?

yes, we have a little hardware change but we don't think it will affect the graphics

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

The problem happens in the work environment. 

I have a question: why is there still no driver for the processor ? When will that driver be available ?

Thank you,

Best Regards.

Tan.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Tan0002, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In this case, it is important to mention that the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your machine since it does not contain the customizations done by the OEM. 

Based on that, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with that specific platform.

You mentioned that you already tried an Intel® DCH graphics driver, just to confirm, was it 30.0.101.1660? If you haven't tested that driver version, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below and once you get the chance, let us know the results.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?wapkw=intel%20iris%20xe%20graphics

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Tan0002, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Tan0002, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Still, in this case, to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer will be the best thing to do, since that driver contains the proper customizations for the optimal functionality of your computer.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nargesst
Beginner

hello 

I have same problem as tan0002 

it looks like my laptop is blinking 

it  is asus X515 core i7 11G and intel iris xe

the black screen issue happens to me a lot and i just bought my laptop 1 month ago and its bothering me 

do you know how can i fix this ? 

thanks for your time .

0 Kudos