Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe. Valorant

jfuster42
Beginner

In-game experiment with fps drops of up to 10 - 15 fps, with low settings and 900p resolution. This has happened in one week of use Is there a way to improve performance? The Intel Graphics Command Center does not work either to configure and optimize its performance, will there be new updates that allow it to work? During these days, I was running at 1080p at a stable 60fps (with vertical sync) I hope you can help me, greetings.

PS: I have Intel® Driver & Support Assistant with graphics on version 27.20.100.9126

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jfuster42, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please be aware that this issue is being investigated internally and updates will be posted on this Community thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233   

As a temporary workaround, and for testing purposes we recommend rolling back to the driver version 27.20.100.8476: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29784  

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel Programs and Features

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
  2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
  3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
  4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1. 

8. Restart the computer. 

9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

We recommend you to keep checking the above-mentioned thread as we will be posting updates there. Please let me know if you agree on checking the original inquiry, and we can close this one to avoid duplication of efforts.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jfuster42
Beginner

Before continuing where you say, I realize that this page talks about the Intel HD 620 graphics, and the ones I'm talking about are the new Intel Iris Xe graphics. Is it the same for both?

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jfuster42,  

Yes, this issue is being investigated for Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics as well, please check the release notes of the graphics drivers under "KNOWN ISSUES", second bullet: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30100/eng/ReleaseNotes_100.9126.pdf  

Based on that, can we close this inquiry? 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
jfuster42
Beginner
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jfuster42,   

Thank you. 

We will close this thread, please remember to monitor the main issue and our download center for new updates. 

If you have any additional questions, please submit a new post and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos