Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe problems with freezing screen

ab1958
Beginner

I replied in another question as the Intel answer to that user was that this was unusual, not reported by others, and the user should probably seek answers from Acer.

I have pretty much the same issue in some games on an Acer Swift 3. As far as the claim thatit is unusual, try this search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=iris+xe+graphics+freeze

On the first page, you will see that Autocad has a knowledgebase article on the problems, Avigilon support has one for their video editing software and on the second page there is one from Zoom support. Other results are users and smaller companies listing their problems. Is Intel going to step up, acknowledge the problem and put some effort into providing a solution?

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ab1958,

Thanks for reporting other issues that, as you mentioned, software vendors report. However, we would like to focus on the problem that you are experiencing.

Regarding your issue, please provide me with the following information:

You mentioned that the issue seems to be extremely rare. Does it mean that the problem appears after a long gaming session? If so, have you noticed any increase in your computer temperature?

You also stated that when running Fable Anniversary Edition at higher graphics settings, the issue is present. Does the problem disappear when you lower the graphics settings?

Provide us a video showing the issue and the game settings you are running at the moment.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ab1958
Beginner

No, I never said it was extremely rare. Sometimes it occurred  within 5 seconds on 3 attempts to run the game in a row. Sometime the game might work for a couple of hours with no problem.  I got an error in under a minute about half the time. Dig 2 is not a demanding game and the computer did not get hot. Fable Anniversary does make the computer noticeably warmer. Because of the intermittent nature of the issue, I cannot be sure if lowering the settings fixed it.

I really started this thread to ask if the well known and well documented (by major software vendors in their support KB articles adn by the developer that supplied very specific information) problems were being addressed. It would have saved a lot of time if you just said "No". I am not wasting any more time on this; we are getting nowhere.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ab1958,

Regarding your question, if Intel is addressing the problems. We are always developing new fixes and implementations to increase our hardware performance. They are and will be implemented with our drivers, which are constantly evolving. We cannot ensure which specific issues are being fixed at the moment, and we can't promise that there will be a fix soon.

We were looking to see if we could find a solution to your issue; however, we were trying to confirm if the issue was related to a graphics problem. Keep in mind that the well-functioning of your system depends not only on the CPU/Graphics; it depends on the entire system as a whole (storage device, memory, etc.). Let me know if you would like to continue with the support for your issue.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ab1958,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos