Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel Iris xe graphics

Abhijeet_980
Beginner

Hello,

Is there any issue going on with Intel Iris xe graphics card because while play any gaming like valorant, genshin impact, csgo etc while charging laptop my laptop & play game it's start heating. So I have contact valorant support they told me Intel Iris xe card is having some issue. Kindly let me know is there is issue going with graphics card.

Here is the message sended by valorant support - 

Regards,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Abhijeet_980,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system, we will do our best to help you. 

In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. When did the issue start happening?
  2. What are the temperatures of the system while gaming?
  3. How are you looking at the temperature? Any software?
  4. The resolution, refresh rate, and in-game graphic settings used. 

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Abhijeet_980
Beginner

Hello Josue,

1] This issue is begin from 1 month before I was able to play valorant while charging.

2] When I plug my charger and play valorant the temperature is around 97°-100°.

3] Yes I have a software called HW Monitor.

4] I kept resolution in 1920 x 1080 16:9 (60Hz) & Ingame I have setup all to low then to I am facing fps down while charging only.

I have added my system logs. Kindly view into it.

Regards,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Abhijeet_980,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, we recommend performing a clean install of the latest graphics drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Graphics Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter', or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

7- Install the latest graphics driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic graphics driver available at Download Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Abhijeet_980
Beginner

Hello Josue,

I will follow all your instruction. Can you just confirm that is there any issue going with intel iris xe graphics because valorant support is telling there are aware that intel iris xe graphics issue is going on.

Regards,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Abhijeet_980,

In this case, we have reports of issues regarding lag spikes and in-game performance, we have not received reports of heating issues. 

Please let me know if you are having performance issues on any of the games you mentioned or if it is only heating issues. 

Also, please share with us the screenshots of the tool you are using to monitor the temperature on your system. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Abhijeet_980
Beginner
Hello,

lag spikes and in-game performance and heating issue. Both happens at same time when I plug my charger in suddenly after 5-10 min my game start lagging & fps down issue I face. Till when lag spike and ingame performance will be fix. 

Regards

Abhijeet 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Abhijeet_980,

Thank you for the information provided, we would like to know if you were able to perform the clean installation. If so, please share with us the results. 

Also, we would like to know if the issue is also present when using battery power or if it is exclusively happening when charging the system. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Abhijeet_980
Beginner
Hello,

I was able to perform clean installation of Graphics card. Fps down & performance issue is there only when I plug my charger in. I didn't face any issue when I play games on battery.

Regards,
Abhijeet
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Abhijeet_980,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Abhijeet_980
Beginner
Ok no problem. Can you just let me know tell when you team will fix intel iris xe graphics issue
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Abhijeet_980,

Hope you are doing great and staying safe, in this case, it is important for you to know that since the games are playable on battery life means that drivers and GPU are working well while running the games, and the drop of the FPS while charging the laptop could be related to the high temps.

Important to mention that Genshin's impact as per release notes ReleaseNotes_101.1404 ''anomalies'' known issues have been reported on 12th gen but this should not affect temps and this is on another family and for Valorant we have an article: "Frame Rate Issues with Valorant on Driver Version 27.20.100.8587 or Higher". We were unable to replicate issues related to FPS as per the article and as well this should not be affecting temps.

Our recommendation, in this case, is to check the issue directly with your system manufacturer to get specialized support on how to handle temperatures and issues while charging your system. 

You might need to check the following with the manufacturer:

1. Check on the processor pad.
  2. The fan is clean.
  3. Update the BIOS.
  4. Check with for BIOS settings.
  5. Update all drivers.
  6. Without opening any apps, check Task Manager to see if there is any abnormal services or program running.
  7. Make sure the charger is not damaged.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Abhijeet_980,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos