Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Monitor/TV Settings are not supported.

JSanc19
Beginner

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop (Dell XPS 15 L501x) to an external VGA monitor. My computer have a Intel HD graphics Core i5, and a nvidia GeForce GT 420m.

I'm using a HDMI to VGA adapter, which seem to be working good (tried with a Lenovo Laptop and it worked).

The monitor es a HP V193.

When i check in the graphics properties it says Monitor/TV Settings are not supported.

I have attached my system configuration in case is needed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Tophat,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Even though you may use an adapter cable to connect your laptop to an external monitor, HDMI* to VGA,we cannot guarantee that it will work since a straight-through connection with a cable is recommended. In other words, these cables may or may not work with your computer.

Also, the connection you are using might not be supported by your system. It is recommended to check with your computer manufacturer whether your computer supports these TV cables and what TV cables are validated to work with your computer.

Because the external monitor works with another system, this is most likely a computer limitation. You can troubleshoot this issue by using a different cable/adapter if one is available to you.

Wanner G.
idata
Employee

Hello Tophat,

I hope you found the information provided helpful.

We will be glad to assist you if you still need any help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos