Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20933 Discussions

Intel NUC X15 LAPAC71H - Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset

Sorrow
Novice

Hi Intel, 

I run into this issue repeatedly when the dedicated GPU (Arc A730M) is activated.

Event Log shows:

The Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset

Is Running on Win 11 23H2

Both BIOS and GPU Driver are updated to the latest.

GPU-Z shows Resizable Bar Enabled (Arc Control Says Unsupported)

This causes the system to freeze for about 0.5 seconds

Looking for your reply, 

1 Solution
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, I want to let you know that  Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset" message typically indicates that the system is attempting to recover from an error by resetting the graphics firmware. This can happen for various reasons, such as driver conflicts, outdated firmware, or hardware issues. To further troubleshoot the issue, you can check our Getting Event Viewer Warning "The Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset." article. 

Furthermore, concerning the Resizable BAR status displayed in the Intel® Arc™ Control Software, we suggest referring to our informative article "Intel® Arc™ Control Software Shows Resizable BAR as 'General-Not-Supported'" for clarity and guidance.

Kindly please make sure to follow this articles thoroughly. Should the issue still persists after doing so, feel free to let me know.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Gabarowski
Novice

Hello

I have the same lapac71h laptop and I have a kind of similar issue , I installed the newest ARC driver and still it's says "Not supported" in the ReBar section. At least I do not have blue-screen death, but my audio is freezing/cracking for half sec in every 2-3 mins what is absolutely annoying and frustrating.

@RamyerM_Intel my support requests are 06273650 and 06273597 maybe my problem related to @Sorrow 's problem as we have the same model.

I looking forward for your quick reply!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

I have sent you an email regarding this case. Kindly please check your inbox for more details. 

as for VAGRIK, we highly recommend creating a new thread so we can give you the full focus of our support.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VAGRIK
Novice

I think the problem is RAM. Change the RAM.
To be sure, remove one of the RAMs from the device, and try.
If the problem is solved, it means that there is a problem with RAM. If the problem is not solved, try another RAM.

Intel products are very sensitive to RAM. If the RAM of the device has a problem (hardware), the Intel motherboard or the Intel notebook will not work properly.

0 Kudos
Gabarowski
Novice

I did run MemTest and found no issue, I don't think this could be the source of the issue. (It's 2x 16GB LPDDR5 Corsair)

0 Kudos
VAGRIK
Novice
I had also tested, and I did not see an error. But when I changed one of the RAMs, my problem was solved. Try
Gabarowski
Novice

So I got an idea from what @VAGRIK wrote and I changed the 2 RAM card from the slots, that means what was in the 1st slot RAM card I did put in the 2nd slot and put the 2nd in the 1st slot and from now IT WORKS!

I never thought that this issue's solution will be that trivial, but it solved 100%! No more audio cracking/stuttering! More than 3 hours in a row, there was no audio issue!

Thank you for the idea @VAGRIK , it really helped!

I hope @Sorrow your laptop will be fine asap! This solved my problem, you can give a try.

0 Kudos
VAGRIK
Novice

Your Welcome... 🙏

This experience is the result of years of working with Intel products.
Intel is the best, unless all the hardware is working properly.
For example, I had an Intel dz68bc motherboard. It was a very good motherboard. After buying this motherboard, I was involved in system hangs for 1 year. And finally, I noticed that the RAM of the device had a problem (of course, on the motherboard of another brand, this RAM was not a problem!!!).
If I didn't have this experience, I would still be having problems with my notebook, just like you.

Anyway, now you can enjoy...

Gabarowski
Novice

Unfortunately, I have to admit that I'm facing the same problem what @Sorrow 

Event Viewer: The Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset.

@RamyerM_Intel  What can I do? What is the final solution? Do I have to send my laptop to Intel? Someone pls help me, thanks.

0 Kudos