Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21067 Discussions

Intel Q35 Chipset and 1366X768 resolution?

AKyle
Beginner

Hi,

I've got a Dell Optiplex 755 USFF with the Q35 Chipset running WIndows 7 Pro. My problem is that it doesn't offer me the resolution of 1366X768 that my Acer X193HQL monitor requires. If I check the device manager, it's just using a generic driver for the monitor, but it keeps telling me that's the best one.

And my eyes are going all funny looking at this screen...

Can anyone help? I've Googled the bejaysus out of this issue and can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks,

Anne

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi annebrodie,

The supported operating systems for your desktop are Windows XP and Vista. Dell didn't release drivers for Windows 7.

Intel has drivers for Q35 Express Chipset (Windows 7); however, they might not work in your computer, it requires customized Dell's drivers.

They are available in the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81513/Graphics-Drivers-for-Intel-Q35-Express-Chipset https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81513/Graphics-Drivers-for-Intel-Q35-Express-Chipset

Try with the manual installation

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep file in the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed from device manager or Graphics control Panel.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
AKyle
Beginner

Thanks, Mike.

But before I go further, I just want to check something. When I click on display adapters in the device manager, there is no "Intel HD graphics", only "Intel Q35 Express Chipset Family".

Before I go uninstalling the driver for that, I just wanted to be sure!

Thanks for your help...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi annebrodie,

Right click over the option available at display Adapter

Mike C
0 Kudos