Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphcis 5500

GBosy
Beginner

Hi,

I've a problem with Intel(R) HD Graphcis 5500: "Display driver Intel HD Graphics for Windows(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I've installed the driver version: 20.19.15.4331, but the problem continues.

System specification:

Windows 10 Home

Porcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 - 5500 CPU @ 2.40GHz

8GB RAM

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, gbosyk:

The processor Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor is available for OEM solutions only; The recommendation regarding drivers would be to download them directly from the manufacturer's website.

This is to avoid loosing any special features that may be available in your system.

I would like you to double check if there are graphics driver updates for your product and test the system with the latest drivers available there.

Another possible solution would be to test your device using the default drivers from Windows 10*.

How to do this?

1. Access the device manager.

2. Look for display adapters.

3. Uninstall the current graphics driver.

4. Restart the system and let Windows install the default drivers.

You could also test with our generic graphics drivers for Intel® HD Graphics 5500, just remember that specials features of setting provided by OEM would not be available while using this driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos