Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 maximum refresh rate at 1080p

PMari6
Beginner

I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 iGpu in a laptop DELL with CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz. I have an external display connected over HDMI (my only video output port) that can do FULL HD at 144 Hetz (1920x1080@144). When I try and set a custom resolution in the intel display settings, I can set Full HD at 95 Hetz. Anything above 95 hertz and an error message appears saying "The maximum bandwidth was exceeded.". The bandwidth of what? HDMI port is version 1.4 on both monitor and laptop. It can handle 1920x1080@144 hertz according to Wikipedia HDMI version specification. The HDMI cable I have is high speed one. The monitor can do more than 95 Hertz over HDMI (tested on another PC). What is holding back?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PMari6,

Thank you for the information provided,

After a deep research I found out that the 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors maximum resolution over HDMI 1.4 is: 1920x1200 at 60 Hz, you can confirm this information by accessing the following link.

Let me know if you have any additional question.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PMari6,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to inform you that the problem might be an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) limitation; however, to provide you with accurate information we will require the following:

-Laptop model

-Monitor model

-Cable part number

-Intel® graphics driver report

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
PMari6
Beginner

Laptop - Dell Inspiron 17R SE 7720

Monitor - AOC C24G1

Cable - HDMI High Speed with Ethernet

Intel Report is attached.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PMari6,

Thank you for the information provided,

After a deep research I found out that the 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors maximum resolution over HDMI 1.4 is: 1920x1200 at 60 Hz, you can confirm this information by accessing the following link.

Let me know if you have any additional question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PMari6,

Were you able to check the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello PMari6,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos