Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21001 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 not connecting to projector via HDMI win10 x64

OHerj
Beginner

Updated drivers to Version 20.19.15.4377 through Windows. Tried downloading manually some beta drivers, but apparantly (even if it stated to be for HD Graphics 520, a window prompted stating it's not the correct one).

Verified that the projector works/displays with other devices. Also downloaded Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.4 but that doesn't discover anything to be updated. Don't know how to og about to update firmware (if it's needed).

HP With i3-6100U CPU

Windows 10 x64

8GB RAM

Driver path/system name:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916&SUBSYS_8101103C&REV_07\3&11583659&0&10

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, OdinH:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to recommend you to check this FAQ, the question "The first monitor/display device is not seen or selectable when I plugged in a second device. How do I resolve this problem?" could help with your situation. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005580.html Frequently Asked Questions for Multiple Displays

Additionally, in some laptops, there is a function (fn) key sequence that would enable the second screen in your device.

Please do check if this is available to activate the second screen.

While using OEM systems like yours, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid loosing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel®.

If that is not working with the OEM drivers, please do let them know about this for possible troubleshooting or driver updates from their end.

Additionally, here you can find the generic drivers from our end for your CPU: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Another option would be to use the default drivers from Windows 10*, you can get them after uninstalling the current driver from your device manager and rebooting your system.

If you require any further support of information, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos