Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface - Problem

Partsgirl95
Novice

Hello, My issue is with PC Freezing and the only option to recover from the freeze is a hard boot. CTRL/ALT/DELETE, for task manager- no response. From what I can see, there was a Windows Update installed on 9/4/2020.

Partsgirl95_0-1609000348104.png

Partsgirl95_1-1609000348117.png

Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW14

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

DeviceInstanceId

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&SUBSYS_085E1025&REV_0E\3&11583659&0&D0

DriverName

oem3.inf

ClassGuid

{4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

ServiceName

TXEIx64

LowerFilters

UpperFilters

Problem

0xa

Status

0xc000009e

Device name      Diana

Processor            Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  J1900  @ 1.99GHz   1.99 GHz

Installed RAM    4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)

Device ID             

Product ID          

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch   No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition  Windows 10 Home

Version                20H2

Installed on  ‎9/‎4/‎2020

OS build               19042.685

Experience         Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I’m trying to avoid a clean install of Windows. I saw another post that was having the same issue, just a different make/model. The solution was:

1 - Download the "Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface" driver located under "Others" in the link below:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/E403SA/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/E403SA/HelpDesk_Download/

*Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there.*

2 - Disconnect the system from the internet.

3 - Go to device manager and uninstall the driver that is currently installed.

4 - Reboot the system and then reinstall the driver downloaded previously.

5 - Reboot the system again and then check if the error persists.

The user reported back that this did the trick. Can you please confirm that I should take the same steps, and if so, can you please provide a link for it? The post for the resolution was two years prior, and my issue seemed to show up during a Windows Upgrade 9/4/2020.

I appreciate any input that can be provided.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
What are you looking for? This is good guidance, so follow it.
Frankly, AFAIAC, you should reinstall Windows 10 at least once a year anyway.
...S

View solution in original post

6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
What are you looking for? This is good guidance, so follow it.
Frankly, AFAIAC, you should reinstall Windows 10 at least once a year anyway.
...S
Partsgirl95
Novice

My main concern is that my computer is randomly freezing up and stays frozen until a hard boot is done. I did not know it was standard to reinstall windows 10 annually, but appreciate that information. When I noticed the issue with the freeze, my first thought was to check the device manager. Thats when I saw an issue with the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface. I have a Logitech Webcam that I use, and disconnected it two nights ago. No freeze since then. I will follow your recommendation and take it from there.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Oh, I wouldn't say that it is "standard" (well, other than for me). What I will say is that reinstallation will clean up and simplify the file system and the registry and the cumulative affects of incremental updates, speeding things up significantly. There are a spate of apps that claim that they can do this without requiring a reinstall, but I have literally *never* found this to be the case; they are all too coarse and, in many cases, destructive in their operation.
Just my opinion,
...S
Partsgirl95
Novice

Thanks for breaking it down for me. NOW it makes more sense to me and will be taking your advice. The beginner feels much better, Thanks!

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

The driver for your particular computer is here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5175;-;Aspire%20XC-603G

Partsgirl95
Novice

Thanks, I saw that. Appreciate the input.

0 Kudos