Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Intel Scam

bayurzx
Beginner

I bought a new laptop today with the Intel Core i5 10210U Processor and after a series of question, the marketer made me believe I had found what I was looking for, after all, it was classified as UHD.

I am not a tech genius, but the little I know, I am able to differentiate HD, FHD and UHD with UHD having a resolution of 3,840 by 2,160. I unboxed my purchase today only to find an Intel Resolution of 1366 x 768 at max. You could imagine my disappointment.

Apparently, Intel feels it, a good idea to name their graphics card capabilities it doesn't possess. I am sure this is the definition of a scam. Great work guys. Decades of hard work, sullied for cheap points, just great. 👏👏@intel 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

1366 x 768 is NOT your max resolution.  It may be the max resolution of your monitor.  There is no intel scam here.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Also, provide the EXACT and COMPLETE model number of your monitor/laptop.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
bayurzx
Beginner

I think we can both agree that it's misleading @AlHill . If you went to buy a TV labeled UHD at a store and got home only to find out that it was barely HD, and UHD is based on some technicalities. You too would be upset. 

Why a reputable graphics company would choose a misleading caption that could be abused by marketers is what I am trying to understand. I have dropped the Specs as you requested.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The only thing we can agree on is to disagree.  You did not do your research on the laptop you purchased.  You were mislead by the marketer.  Return the laptop to him for a refund.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Provide the EXACT  model number of your laptop.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, I found more info in your attachment.   Your laptop screen has a max resolution of 1366 x 768.  Did you expect the intel graphics, which can support up to 4096 x 2304, to magically take your limited laptop screen and suddenly make it 3,840 by 2,160?

Sorry, but it does not work that way.   Your complaint is with the seller of the laptop, who may have mislead you.   That is where the scam is.

0 Kudos
bayurzx
Beginner

"Did you expect Intel Graphics to magically upgrade your laptop", well thank you @AlHill. This is just the reply I wanted. I also took note of your point, emphasizing research, clearly that's my fault. Not to trust everything advertised on paper.

0 Kudos