Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21028 Discussions

Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Bluetooth® Audio didn't recognize devices properly

cacabil
Beginner

Good day!

Been a while since I having issue with this one. Using Windows 11 PRO 23H2 on my Acer Nitro AN515-57 notebook. From the beginning I had problems with connecting sound devices via bluetooth (headphones, speaker, mic), all of connected devices showing as a "HandsFree device" in settings with terrible sound without additional settings. Tried to use "native" drivers from acer site, tried to be up to dated from intel site, nothing helps. For now only one thing helps - disable "Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Bluetooth® Audio" in devmgmt and after all works fine.

Thank you for help! Have a good day!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cacabil,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Please check your email, for now. We hope to get your reply soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cacabil,

Thank you for replying to our email.

To better assist, it would be a great help if we could get more information about your system for proper issue isolation. Please provide the missing key information below:"

1) Please confirm if this is the actual system device that you have. https://store.acer.com/en-gb/acer-nitro-5-gaming-laptop-an515-57-black-nh-qesek-003

2) You mentioned updating the Bluetooth drivers from both Acer and Intel support sites, was it manually downloaded and installed or did you use a driver updater tool?

3) Is the issue happening on a specific Bluetooth device or have you tried different devices (speakers, headset, etc.)?

Additionally, we highly appreciate you sharing your system configuration so we can fully check and provide you with an accurate fix. This could be possible by downloading Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. Share the SSU log file as you reply.

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
cacabil
Beginner

1. Yeap. This is it. Only one difference that mine was without OS at all and I installed PRO version of Windows 11.

2. Manually. From Acer site I download directly, from Intel using "Intel Driver & Support Assistant".

3. I tried speaker (JBL) and headphones (Sony & JBL) none of them worked properly.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cacabil,

Thank you for sharing those important details. Please proceed to follow the steps to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers using the drivers below:

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cacabil,

I'm following up to check whether you have had the chance to review our prior correspondence. If you have, kindly acknowledge receipt and do not hesitate to reach out if there are any aspects you'd like to discuss or require further explanation.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cacabil,

We have not received any response in the past few days. We hope that the steps we shared helped in resolving your Bluetooth audio issue. We will now proceed in closing this thread.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello cacabil,

Good day!

We have recommend to proceed with a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers using the drivers below:

Additionally, the sound quality also depend on the BT devices software feature settings like example Sony earbuds software designs between Win OS and phone App codec support. We suggest to check with Sony and JBL support for sound quality in Win OS software.

If issue persists, please reach out to your system manufacturer support tean for further diagnosing the problem, since you mentioned that the issue is already experienced from the beginning.

Reference article:

Intermittent Audio Caused by Unidentified Issue in Intel Smart Sound Technology

We will now proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos