Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 Graphic Drivers keeps downgrading

APash3
Beginner

I have a Lenovo Yoga 72013IKB (Product number: 81C3).

The default installed version of the driver was 23.20.16.4973. I had some issues with Adobe Premier with this version and decided to update graphics drivers. I installed 25.20.100.6326 (from win64_25.20.100.6326.exe) and it worked great with no issues with Premier and other Adobe products.

But occasionally the version of the drivers rolls back to 23.20.16.4973. I have no idea why and when it happens. The latest version can run several days with no issues but at some point system silently switches back to 23 and I have to reinstall 25.

I disabled Automatic Driver Downloads in Windows Adv. System settings. I tried to uninstall drivers and restart system before installation but with no luck.

I attached driver info for 23 and 25 versions.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility. Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Doc

APash3
Beginner

Here is SSU scan info

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AnatolyUA,

Thank you for posting in our Intel ® communities.

I understand that you are experiencing downgrade issues with your system.

Let us investigate further regarding this matter, we are trying to replicate the issue based on your report.

I will contact you back as soon as we have more information

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.
0 Kudos
APash3
Beginner

Thank you for your prompt reply

Just had this issue again. Here is log file from C:\Intel\Logs dir

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AnatolyUA,

Thank you for your response.

We are still performing research to check what is causing this behavior.

We will contact you back as soon as we have news.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
APash3
Beginner

Hello

Thanks for keeping me updated.

Do you need additional information?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AnatolyUA,

Thank you for your response.

During these past days we have been trying to replicate your issue with similar systems (same graphics controller and OS) without any positive results.

Based on the report that you sent, we have not been able to find anything out of usual, besides a BIOS update released by your manufacturer to a newer version, however this does not seem to have anything to do with your issue.

It all points to the OS to be the culprit as it is rolling the drivers back even when the Automatic Driver Downloads in Windows Adv. System settings.

I suggest you to perform a clean installation of the latest drivers for your system (generic drivers by Intel ®) and monitor the results after that, since somehow your computer rejects our generic drivers (25.20.100.6326) and it's installing the OEM drivers on top (23.20.16.4973).

OEM drivers are always the recommended option as they include optimizations that our generic drivers do not have, however I understand that you had issues with Adobe Premier with this version.

In order to isolate the issue we will need you to uninstall the current graphic drivers that your system has, until the basic Microsoft*display driver is exposed (please make sure that you will do it with no internet access)

After that, for troubleshooting purposes please install the latest Intel ® Graphic generic Drivers found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28240/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28240/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10

In order to do it, please go ahead and perform this update steps:

Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

Open Device Manager:

For Windows 10: Right-click Windows Start icon

Click yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

Expand the Display adapters section.

Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

Click Browse my computer for driver software.

Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click Have Disk.

Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.

Click OK, and finally click Next.

Drivers are now being installed.

Restart your computer.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AnatolyUA,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos