Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 driver not installing on windows 10 2015 LTSB

Sepehr
Beginner

Dear All

I have a Getac s410 with core i7 8th gen. I tried to install display adapter with available driver in my laptop pack and intel website but they didn't work and already "Microsoft basic display adapter" is shown in device manager. what is your solution ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am not surprised. Intel's mainstream GFX drivers support the latest Windows 10 release and three previous releases. This means that they most definitely cannot be used with Windows 10 2015 LTSB; far older versions of the driver would be required. Unfortunately, I couldn't begin to guess what would be needed. I wonder if Intel Customer Support can figure this out...

....S

Maria_R_Intel

Hello Sepehr,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Please share with us the specific driver version that you tried to install. 

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Sepehr
Beginner

Dear Maria,

I have used the suggested app. You may find attached the related result.  I also tested driver Version 26.20.100.7463, but no good result is found.

I would be thankful if you could help me solve the problem.

Best regards,

Sepehr Hosseini

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Sepehr,

Thank you very much for the information provided.

For the Intel® UHD Graphics 620, we only provide Windows DCH drivers; Windows DCH Drivers are driver packages that will install and run on Universal Windows Platform (UWP) based editions of Windows® 10, beginning in November 2018.

The Supported OS versions are:

• Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709)(RS3)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803)(RS4)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - October 2018 Update (1809)(RS5)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - May 2019 Update (1903)(19H1)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - November 2019 Update (1909)(19H2)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - May 2020 Update (2004)(20H1)
  • Microsoft Windows 10-64 - October 2020 Update (20H2)

And you are currently using the 10240, which is not supported. You can find more information on the following website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics.html

Also, there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

You can try to install a legacy driver, following the below instructions:

Allow Windows Update services to automatically find and install the latest driver validated for your system.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard followed by X.
  2. Click on Device Manager.
  3. Click on Display Adapters.
  4. Right-click on the Intel Graphics Controller.
  5. Click on Update driver.
  6. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.

However, the best course of action is to contact Getac, I found here drivers provided by them, https://en.getac.com/site/querydownloadfiles, they may work on the OS your system is currently using, please contact them for specific instructions.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Sepehr,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Sepehr,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos