Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21351 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 on Asus x705UNR

Vimuk
Beginner
Hey i have a question regarding unable to use dual monitor with my Asus x705UNR which has 2 graphic cards of intel UHD 620 as primary and Nvidia Mx150 as secondary.

how can i connect the second monitor as i only have a single hdmi port in the laptop and i have tried a dual hdmi docking station but it refuse to detect both monitors.
only way is that i can connect single monitor with the main port and how should i enable to use the second monitor?
should i install a driver or make some changes to the bios.

i am been struggling with this for months and can someone help me out please
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried connecting one monitor to the dock and one monitor to the HDMI port?

We need more information regarding your system. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Vimuk
Beginner

Hey Scott, i have attach the file after the full scan and you can find it below in the attachment,
i have tried several options with adapters and docking stations to connect in to second monitor but only one of the monitor works which is in the intergrated HDMI Port in the Vivobook Pro 17.

i will also mention the two monitors that i have which is Asus Va27ehe with 70hz refresh rate and MSI Monitor G274F with 180hz.
i would really appreciate your help and waiting for a solution as this will also help my other collegues who is having Asus Vivobook pro 17 and 15 models.

Thanks and can't wait to hear back from you!!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried using a basic USB-C-to-HDMI adapter like this (or a basic USB-C-to-DisplayPort adapter like this)? If they don't work in any of the laptop's USB-C ports, then no DisplayPort Alt Mode capability is available. In this case, there is simply no way to add a second monitor that displays output from the laptop's GFX engines. the HDMI port can support only a single monitor (HDMI is crap for multi-monitor support).

Another way to add a monitor is via a USB graphics adapter. With a USB graphics adapter like this (2K) or this (4K), for example, you can add one or two additional monitors to the system. Note, however, that this is a low-performance solution. That is, not for gaming or video editing output, but great for office and browsing type activities.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos