Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 10 bit functionality.

gaffer61
Beginner

Hi.  Anyone here know if we now have the ability to select 10 bit color for monitors that support it, in my case a BenQ SW321c.  I have sifted through lots of post that mention it but all promising availability for the UHD 630 in the future.  If it's still in the pipe line any ideas when this functionality may be available? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello gaffer61

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

The Operating System, application being viewed, and driver will determine which is the best mode to display dynamically. As a user, you can see the graphics settings in Windows, however, there is yet no way for the user to manually change these settings. Are you trying to use this feature with a specific application or software?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
gaffer61
Beginner

Hi David thanks for the response.  As mentioned I am using a BenQ SW 321c monitor as my main monitor for a photography workflow which is a 10 bit capable monitor,  the main software I use is Photoshop/Lightroom both in the ProPhoto RGB color space with a 16 bit workflow.  I can see in win 10 display settings that that the BenQ monitor is set a bit depth of 8.  I am assuming that this then is not allowing my monitor to display it's full potential.  I also have a GTX 1650i graphics card installed but because its a Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop the set up from dell means that UHD 630 is controlling my displays and any options to do so with the GTX are disabled in the software/drivers provided by Dell but I know that the GTX 1650i would support a 10 bit workflow and is normally selectable if control the displays.  I know that I don't have that option with the intel UHD 630 currently but my question was if and when this option will be available for user selection.  I note that on several posts in this forum that it is mentioned that it is in the pipeline.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello gaffer61

Thank you for the information provided.

We'll need more details to investigate this request. I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information. 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Ivan_Alekseev
Beginner

Hi David,

I have a similar problem here, I have ThinkPad P43s laptop with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and Nvidia Quadro P520, it is connected via Thunderbolt cable to Dell UP2720Q display. I can't find a way to enable 10bit color, I believe it is supported by both GPUs but there is no option in any UI to set it up.

0 Kudos
GhostTec
Novice

@Ivan_Alekseev "You can't find any option to enable 10 bit" because there is no such option, it simple doesn't exist any option, button, toggle, etc for that... you depend upon going through specific scenarios with specific apps to automatically enable it.... and you won't see windows doing 10 bit unless your display is HDR... check this https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/10-bit-with-i7-8700-Graphic-630/m-p/1189959/highlight/true#M88167

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @gaffer61 

There is no ETA still for the color depth functionality, on the Intel® Graphics Command Center. We highly recommend that you check with the laptop's manufacturer; for more information on how to use the hybrid graphics, and verify if you can use only the dedicated graphics card. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @gaffer61 

We will close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos