Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 Color Issues

MObag
Beginner

I am having issues with intel uhd 630, its not be able to display light color properly, all light gray colors are washed out and appears as white.

Note that if i uninstall the driver totaly, the colors displays correctly!!!!

I already updated to the latest driver but still suffering from same issue!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MObag, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. We would like to have more information about this issue and your system configuration. Please fill out this information and attach the reports. Description: Be clear on the computer/application(s) symptom(s), undesired behavior(s). obtained vs. expected result(s). How often you see the issue (e.g. rarely, always). Steps to reproduce the issue/bug: 1. 2. 3... (Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix. A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.) System information: Computer make/model, or if it is a Desktop the motherboard make/model. Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue. Attach the DxDiag.txt and SSU.txt reports (these are very useful as they can tell most of the computer configuration details) DxDiag.txt report: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022556/graphics-drivers.html SSU.txt report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Additional configuration details: (Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue. ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc) Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MObag
Beginner

Steps to reproduce the issue/bug:

1.it happened suddenly, i updated driver to latest but still it exists, than suddenly after i restarted it went away, than it came back.

attached screenshots of difference of colors when driver is installed/uninstalled, you will notice gray color disappeared and its all white

also i attached dxdiag and SSU

0 Kudos
MObag
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
MObag
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
MObag
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MObag, Thank you for your response. We will review the information attached and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MObag, We could not get the same issue on the following systems: *Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK RX Vega M GH / Intel® HD Graphics 630 DCH 25.20.100.6519 Windows* 10 (RS5) *Surface Pro 4 Intel® HD Graphics 520 Windows* DCH 25.20.100.6448 Windows* 10 (RS5) *Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7DNKE Intel® UHD Graphics 620 DCH 25.20.100.6519 Windows* 10 (RS5) The graphics quality issue you are describing usually occurs when generic drivers are installed on systems with hybrid-graphics. In this scenario, we recommend using only the drivers provided by your system manufacturer since they usually incorporate features and customizations. If you still would like to try the latest Intel drivers, then you can follow these steps. 1. Download the latest DCH driver. 2. Disconnect your unit from the Internet to prevent Windows* Updates from installing any other driver. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Make sure the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is listed under Windows* Device Manager > Video adapters. If not, repeat steps 2 to 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’, and no other Intel® Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows* has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Enable your Internet connection. 10. Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MObag, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos