Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel UHD 630 supported resolutions

AntonisCy
Novice

Hello guys.

I have a question. I have managed to find out the maximum resolution my system supports (i3-8100 CPU with UHD 630 GPU) over HDMI and that is 4096x2304 at 24Hz.

What i would like to know is if my system can support 1920x1080 at 120Hz.

my system is a Lenovo ideaCentre 510-15ICB (90HU00BHCY)

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

Hello AntonisCy

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. The processor can output those resolutions but you need to take into consideration the ports on this Lenovo* system, according to system specifications this system has an HDMI port and a VGA port. 

The bandwidth needed for 1920x1080 at 120Hz is 7.46 Gbps, meaning that you cannot use the VGA port and only certain HDMI versions. You need at least an HDMI 1.3port to get one monitor with this resolution/refresh rate, for more information check our article:

The documentation available for the PC does not indicate which version of HDMI your system has, so you should check with them directly.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello AntonisCy

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. The processor can output those resolutions but you need to take into consideration the ports on this Lenovo* system, according to system specifications this system has an HDMI port and a VGA port. 

The bandwidth needed for 1920x1080 at 120Hz is 7.46 Gbps, meaning that you cannot use the VGA port and only certain HDMI versions. You need at least an HDMI 1.3port to get one monitor with this resolution/refresh rate, for more information check our article:

The documentation available for the PC does not indicate which version of HDMI your system has, so you should check with them directly.

Regards, 

David G 

AntonisCy
Novice
Thanks David. The HDMI port on my PC is 1.4
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos