Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD 770 and Graphics CC

Gwijde
Beginner

Hi there,

We are in the processing of upgrading a number of our lab computers to Windows 11 machines and we had planned to use Intel integrated graphics (UHD770) for most of our research as our projects are not graphics intensive. However, working with PsychToolbox in MATLAB reveals some issues most likely related to Triple Buffering. Looking around online it seems to be the case that previous versions of Intel's graphics settings allowed you to disable Triple Buffering, but that no longer seems to be the case in Graphics Command Center. It would be extremely useful if we could have a toggle or setting somewhere for this purpose. Is there any way Triple Buffering can be turned off on these systems? 

A discussion of the errors that we are having  can be found on http://psychtoolbox.org/docs/SyncTrouble - it seems a bit silly to go out and buy graphics cards just so we can use AMD or Nvidia settings panels to turn off triple buffering when the integrated graphics are plenty powerful!

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Gwijde, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, "Is there any way Triple Buffering can be turned off on these systems? ", we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Gwijde, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we just wanted to inform you that you can turn on triple buffering in the graphics or video options of many games. No Intel® driver settings can enable this feature.

Even if the processor or Graphics Card supports the triple Buffering technology, the only way to activate it is from the game or application settings. 

Here you have additional details about https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006930/graphics.html

In this case, then, we recommend to visit, sign in, and submit your inquiry on our Intel® Developer Zone website, for further assistance on this specific case and in order to check with the application developer for additional details about this feature as well.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos