Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20675 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 620 optimization options for gaming

EtsWindows1018
Beginner

Hi, I'm new here. I have a question regarding the built-in display adapter/GPU on my Acer Swift 3 SF314-56.
The question is: how do I optimize the Intel UHD Graphics 620 for gaming and video editing???
also, in case you need the specs for my Swift 3, here:

CPU: Intel Core i5 8265U

Memory: 8GB RAM (4gb built-in, 4gb removable)
Storage: 128gb SSD with 1tb HDD

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello EtsWindows1018, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Please check the following information: 

• For different games, you can use gameplay.intel.com for the supported games with recommended settings depending on your Intel® processor. 
  • For video editing software it might depend on the software's requirement, you might want to check with the developer's for recommended settings and system requirements. 
  • For overall performance, it is recommended to always have drivers, BIOS, Operating System, Apps, and Games up to date. 
  • Also, most new Intel® graphics will use up to 50% of physical memory for video memory, which also improves performance, therefore; increasing memory is also useful. Check here for more information. 
  • Keep in mind that some manufacturers (OEM) enable or disable some features via the design of the laptop, so you can also check with Acer* for best performance settings.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello EtsWindows1018, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Please check the following information: 

• For different games, you can use gameplay.intel.com for the supported games with recommended settings depending on your Intel® processor. 
  • For video editing software it might depend on the software's requirement, you might want to check with the developer's for recommended settings and system requirements. 
  • For overall performance, it is recommended to always have drivers, BIOS, Operating System, Apps, and Games up to date. 
  • Also, most new Intel® graphics will use up to 50% of physical memory for video memory, which also improves performance, therefore; increasing memory is also useful. Check here for more information. 
  • Keep in mind that some manufacturers (OEM) enable or disable some features via the design of the laptop, so you can also check with Acer* for best performance settings.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello EtsWindows1018, 

I noticed that my previous reply was marked as a solution, therefore; this thread is marked as solved. 

Based on that, we will close this inquiry, however; if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos