Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel® UHD Graphics 630 + BenQ EW2780 & no HDR

Lazarus1
Beginner

Good day, i have an Intel® UHD Graphics 630 integrated into the mother board ASRock H310M-HDV/M.2

I bought a BenQ EW2780 , and a HDR cable (kinseda 4K UHD). All intel drivers up to date.

I cannot manage to turn HDR on, it is always running simulated.

Can you help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lazarus1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that High Dynamic Range (HDR) is supported on 7th generation Intel® Core™ Processor and newer platforms running Windows® 10. However, it needs a lot of "ingredients" to properly work. For instance, HDMI version 2.0a is required. Your motherboard seems to have HDMI 1.4. 

In order to confirm this information, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. From your PC to the monitor, are you using a straight HDMI connection? Or do you use any adapter or converter in behalf? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lazarus1,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lazarus1,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. As we mentioned, this problem seems to be related to a motheboard limitation; you may want to double-check with ASRock* for further help.

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos