Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 630 at 4k?

ACris5
Beginner

Hello!

So I have an Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE laptop wich has an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI dedicated video card and an integrated Intel UHD 630 and just got a new Samsung 4K Smart TV. Now I know the 1050TI supports 4K and the UHD630 is supposed to do as well, i don't know if the HDMI port on my laptop is thorough the Intel or the Nvidia but my question is, if the HDMI port is through the UHD630 will I be able to use a HDMI cable to connect this laptop to my TV and play 4K Games at 60hz or is there any way I can play games at 4K60Hz on that TV using that laptop?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ACris5, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. To experience 4K resolutions at 60 Hz, please review the following information: 1. Intel Graphics controllers (4th Generation and newer) support 4K resolutions (4096x2160 or 3840x2160) with refresh rates of up to 60hz. 2. The video output on your computer and the video input on your display must be either DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 2.0. 3. For HDMI 2.0 and 4K at 60 Hz, the cable must be High Speed HDMI* or better. 4. Your display device (TV or Monitor) must also be able to support 4K resolutions at 60 Hz. Older 4K displays offered only a limited number of HDMI 2.0 ports in combination with HDMI 1.4 ports (supporting only 4K at 30 Hz). 5. Make sure your graphics driver is up to date. 6. We recommend using straight-through connections with single cables. You may get different results when using adapters, converters, or hubs. Now, if your system supports hybrid graphics, we recommend contacting your system manufacturer for instructions and 4K support. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello ACris5, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos