Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel® UHD Graphics 630 crashes windows 10 after restore from sleep.

TFile
New Contributor I

Hi.

I have a laptop lenovo ideapad 330 15ich with windows 10. All latest drivers are installed by windows and all works fine. But when the laptop sleeps and restores after sleep it crashes almost every time. I found out that the problem is in the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 which is version 24.20.100.6292. When I disable it the problem is gone but the video has low resolution. I tried to install the newer version 25.20.100.6471 but I get a message that it is not compatible with my system.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

If you try to install intel generic DCHJ driver 25.20.100.6471 on existing customized driver , definitely you will receive error message "that it is not compatible with my system"

I would recommend to install previous customized certified driver released by Lenovo .

but if you want to install generic driver 25.20.10.6471 means , then you must completely uninstall the driver with DDU or by revo uninstaller .

restart the windows .

then install the driver

I have also received error message , but I solved and installed 25.20.100.6471.

0 Kudos
TFile
New Contributor I

Tnx for the help. I used DDU to remove the driver and installed the latest one but I still have the same issue with it. It is only when I remove it and use MS basic display driver that I have non crashing system. I had also to disable the automatic driver update of windows. If you have any other ideas please share.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Make sure you have the latest Windows 10 updates installed. Run Windows updates and apply any new changes. Then, try with the driver provided by your computer manufacturer: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/es/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/IDEAPAD-U-SERIES-LAPTOPS/IDEAPAD-U330/downloads/DS103931 Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TFile
New Contributor I

Hi.

I updated my windows and tried to install this driver but I got "Your system does not meet the minimal requirements". I also completely removed the UHD driver, tried again and got the same message.

As far as I understand this is a hybrid video card and the drivers still have some issues.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
The driver recommended should work since it's the customize driver for your computer model. Since you have this issue with the installation, I recommend you to check with Lenovo for the proper installation of this driver. https://support.lenovo.com/ Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TFile
New Contributor I

I actually had to change the product as the link you provided was for a different model. It installed successfully but I got a message "Your system already has the best drivers". So yes I have the correct drivers for this model but there is probably some issue with it. I will contact Lenovo support to see if they can help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Have you tried this version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790? This is the latest version. As I mentioned before, make sure you have the latest Windows 10 updates. For this component to work, that is necessary. You could use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant tool to automatically scan your computer for the latest Graphics driver from Intel. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TFile
New Contributor I

I tested with the one you recommend 25.20.100.6519 and have the same issue.

Yes windows is up to date.

The first thing I tested when I found this issue was with the Intel Driver support assistant which automatically installs the drivers.

I'm 100% sure that I have the correct drivers.

I wrote to lenovo support forum. I hope that someone will test and help.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Let us know their results. I would recommend contacting them by phone. Since the issue is present with the latest driver, this could be a hardware or software failure. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TFile
New Contributor I

Hi.

I didn't get any answer so far so I did something else. I changed all actions from Sleep to Hibernate and the problem is gone. This computer has SSD so wake up is similar as speed.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I am glad to hear is working! Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos