Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel UHD grapics stopped working with some displays

n1c0
Beginner

I used to use my Intel NUC with a Pentium Silver J5005 processor and an Intel UHD Graphics 605 on a Samsung S22D300HY display. Suddenly the NUC stopped displaying someting on this display and on some other displays when the graphics driver was loaded. I was still able to see the bios logo (and get into the bios) and on Windows the Windows boot screen, but when the system tried to load the graphics driver it just displayed a black screen. I saw the same issue on a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga with a UHD Graphics 620. However both devices still work on my Philips TV. Devices with AMD graphics work fine on my Samsung S22D300HY.

List of things that didn't work:

• Updating the Bios
  • Bios recovery flash
  • New Ram
  • Reinstalling OS (Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10)
  • Different HDMI cable
  • Reinstalling the Driver
  • Disabling every security option in the Bios 😂
  • Disabling HDMI CEC control

I can't try a different display interface because my Nuc has only HDMI ports.

Has someone got any idea how I could fix my problem?

Is there any other tread regarding my problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello n1c0,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I would like to gather more system information in order to assist you, specifically I would like to request an System Support Utility report as well as a DxDiag report. 

The System Support Utility report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

These are the steps to generate the DxDiag: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 

4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
n1c0
Beginner

Hey David,

thanks for answering😂 . I will attatch the logs you requested. I was able to capture the logs while my device was connected to the incompatible display using TeamViewer.

Best Regards,

Nico

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello n1c0,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the report and the troubleshooting done so far but in this case it does look like the best route would be to look for warranty options with your local Intel ® Support Channel.

In the link below you can see the options for support, you can try looking for the one for you and continue with the warranty process:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/emea-contact.html

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos