Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Uhd 600 4k 60 hz

JNiso
Beginner

Hi!

I have problem regarding my mini pc Beelink N41. It has the the Intel Celeron N4100 processor with 600 Uhd graphics card. When I use the resolution 3840x2160 60p then it can't display the correct framerate. I tested this with testufo.com. It shows in the test only 40-45 fps. I have installed latest drivers, reinstalled Windows 10. But nothing works. I even bought a new HDMI 2.0 cable which is certified. Can you please. My TV is an LG 70UH700V which is like US version UH7700

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The output from the processor is DisplayPort (DP) 1.2a compliant, which means it can definitely support 4K@60p. In order to then offer a HDMI connector, a LSPcon chip is used to perform the conversion from DP to HDMI. In order for a 4K@60p connection over HDMI, the LSPcon chip and the firmware running on this chip must both support this type of connection. You need to see what LSPcon chip your system has and you need to check if there is a necessary firmware update that you need to install in order to get 4K@60p support. If there is a DP connector on this system, you can try using a DP-to-HDMI adapter to get this connection capability (Amazon has a bunch that are spec'ed as supporting 4K@60p).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JNiso
Beginner

Here is the machine on Amazon​. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HVS7KPZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8.

So it says that it handle 4k/60hz. And the thing is that I can choose that resolution in display properties but the problem is that it isn't displaying that to my TV. I tested with Riva tuner.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So let me get this straight. You are saying that it *will* run at 4K@60p and that the display *is* working, but you have a concern because you can only get a frame rate of 40-45 frames per second?

0 Kudos
JNiso
Beginner

Yes exactly. Let's say that I watch 4k60fps video then it feels like watching a 4k30fps video. We are not talking about any game. Its this I find strange because everything seems to work ​fine but not displaying the correct framerate know in that resolution. I even tried this on Linux Mint and Ubuntu and the result is the same. It feels like the HDMI port isn't capable sending out the correct in certain situations. That is which bothering me. I can't get a grip why.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The fact that a solution supports a 4K display at 60Hz does not mean that the solution is actually (and always) capable of displaying 60 frames per second. This is a low-end processor. I am not at all surprised that it can't handle that frame rate.

Sorry, reality bites,

...S

P.S. I do not work for Intel. My opinions are my own.

0 Kudos