Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Intel XE graphics game crash

田所浩二
Novice

When I use Intel XE graphics card to play the game War Thunder and Far Cry3, the driver often restarts and causes black screen, crash and other issues. I hope to optimize it in the future.

------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/22/2021, 22:02:23
Operating System: Windows 10 家庭中文版 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: Chinese (Simplified) (Regional Setting: Chinese (Simplified))
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 5409
BIOS: 1.1.7 (type: UEFI)
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16106MB RAM
Page File: 10831MB used, 8730MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

田所浩二, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Did you check the game requirements to make sure your system complies with them?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
田所浩二
Novice

Yes

About 20 days before

No. But it`s normal in other games

No

Always

No

0 Kudos
田所浩二
Novice
0 Kudos
田所浩二
Novice
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

田所浩二, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Even though some games are working fine on your computer, War Thunder and Far Cry 3 are high demanding games that might require to use a heavy part of the resources of the system and might cause a black screen, crash and other issues on the laptop, that is why we always recommend to check the game requirements, some of them suggest to install an external video card for the proper functionality of the games.

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Dells' web site and the latest Graphics driver they have available in there is version 27.20.100.8853, A02, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=3487m&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-14-5402-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists after that, since the computer is working with the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics controller, please try a clean installation this time of Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9168 and once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30148/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello 田所浩二, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello 田所浩二, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos