Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel Xe Graphics 27.20.100.9466 issues with D6000 Dell dock

SKAUR
Novice

I am having issues with 27.20.100.9466  and docking stations (I have also mentioned this here, in replies). Specifically, at my workplace, multiple laptops (Dell XPS 13 9310) that use Dell Docking Station D6000 can no longer connect to external monitors (also Dell) unless I roll back the Intel display driver to any previous version. We have been dealing with this issue since the update was released about a month ago. We have to roll back the driver multiple times a week, which is very disruptive. I have told Dell the issue, they said they reported to Intel, but I am not sure they have. Is there any fix for this? It's a shame we have brand new laptops and brand new, compatible docking stations that are glitching because of this driver. 

Please note - this occurs if using HDMI, Display Port, or VGA. Dock is connected to two monitors that are also Dell monitors (Dell Professional P2217H). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @SKAUR

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Checking DELL* website for this laptop XPS 13 9310, we noticed that there is a newer customized graphics driver available, Version 27.20.100.9565, A06, published date is "17 May 2021". Reviewing the driver details, under Fixes & Enhancements it says:

• Fixed the issue where the monitor does not display when it is connected to the system through Dell D6000 dock.

We recommend updating to that driver that has been released to address this issue as per Dell* documentation and also since this is the customized and recommended driver provided by DELL* for your computer model.

Other steps you may try are as follow:

1. Make sure Windows® is up to date
  2. Check with your computer manufacturer (OEM) Dell* if additional firmware is available, for instance, a BIOS update or drivers for the docking station.

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters, dockings, or converters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. For more details, please review this article: Using Video Cable Adapters, Splitters and/or Docking Stations in Computers not Manufactured by Intel.

The best solution is doing a direct connection with a single cable that has the same connection type on both ends.

If none of these workarounds fixes the issue, we recommend addressing this issue to your OEM for further assistance and debugging, particularly if this is happening with the OEM driver provided by DELL* as it is supposed that driver was tested and validated by them to work on your system. For your convenience, here is the link to Dell* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @SKAUR

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Checking DELL* website for this laptop XPS 13 9310, we noticed that there is a newer customized graphics driver available, Version 27.20.100.9565, A06, published date is "17 May 2021". Reviewing the driver details, under Fixes & Enhancements it says:

• Fixed the issue where the monitor does not display when it is connected to the system through Dell D6000 dock.

We recommend updating to that driver that has been released to address this issue as per Dell* documentation and also since this is the customized and recommended driver provided by DELL* for your computer model.

Other steps you may try are as follow:

1. Make sure Windows® is up to date
  2. Check with your computer manufacturer (OEM) Dell* if additional firmware is available, for instance, a BIOS update or drivers for the docking station.

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters, dockings, or converters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. For more details, please review this article: Using Video Cable Adapters, Splitters and/or Docking Stations in Computers not Manufactured by Intel.

The best solution is doing a direct connection with a single cable that has the same connection type on both ends.

If none of these workarounds fixes the issue, we recommend addressing this issue to your OEM for further assistance and debugging, particularly if this is happening with the OEM driver provided by DELL* as it is supposed that driver was tested and validated by them to work on your system. For your convenience, here is the link to Dell* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ay14
Beginner

Since i read your response to the dell series 5000 laptop I'm quite shocked that you would test major supplier equipment such as Display link docks along with thunderbolt dock to see if there are any issue. eveb if you had to test 20-30 docks this would be less than a day for a large corporation such as your self. At least send the major corporation some test device to try out with there docks. any by the way it is your drive causing this issue. in order to get docks to work had to roll back your drive to 10-10-2020. all the rest since suck.

0 Kudos
SKAUR
Novice

Thank you! I tested this new driver on a machine that had this issue, and it works well! 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SKAUR

Thank you for your response. We are glad to know that this is working well with the new driver. Since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos