Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

Intel Xe integrated graphics card does not allow monitor detection via HDMI

N9C13
Novice

In November/December 2023 I updated the Intel Xe integrated graphics card via Intel Driver & Support. After making this update everything changed. My PC no longer detects my external monitor connected via HDMI, I have followed millions of steps found on the internet to try to fix this problem, but I haven't succeeded. I even tried to restore windows but nothing. I would like to point out that I have already tried connecting my PC to another monitor but it gives me the same problem. Furthermore, the monitor I have available does not create any problems with other devices such as Xbox or Amazon Fire Stick. I'm looking for help from someone more experienced than me who can help me. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Please run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and perform a scan for all options. Attach the output file here.

Please also create a Report for Intel Graphics Drivers and attach the file here.

N9C13
Novice

Hi, I carried out these two steps as recommended. I attach the images and text files saved via these two. The first + photo is the Intel® System Support Utility, the second is the Intel® Graphics Drivers report

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

The diagnostic data show:

• MSI Modern 14 B11MOL laptop
    • Intel Core i5-1135G7
    • Intel Iris Xe Graphics
    • Driver Version: 31.0.101.5194
    • Windows 10 Home

According to MSI's specifications, the HDMI port supports 4K @ 60Hz.

MUC_0-1707682596236.png

Owner's Manual

That's all good.

The Report for Intel Graphics Drivers only shows the data from the internal laptop display. Was the external monitor connected to HDMI when you created the report? If not, please repeat again with the monitor connected and switched on. Which monitor is it?

N9C13
Novice

when I made the report, the HDMI was disconnected. I run the new report immediately and send it. The monitor is a SmartTech TV (I can't tell you the model) that I had previously used with this PC, but which then stopped working. Thank you so much for the support ❤️

I attach the photos of the report with the HDMI connected

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

I know you haven't done anything in the meantime, but Windows Update seems to have reverted back to graphics driver version 30.0.100.9864. This is a disease that Intel and Microsoft can't seem to get under control. It is beyond confusing for regular users.

For laptops, it is generally recommended to stick to the drivers provided by the so-called Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), in this case MSI.

Please try the driver that MSI currently offers for Windows 10:

Download MSI Intel Graphics Driver 27.20.100.9565

If everything works again after that, I would ignore the graphics driver update offer via the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.

0 Kudos
N9C13
Novice

Even with the installation of the PC's motherboard graphics driver, nothing changed. I really don't know what to do anymore. Can you give me any other advice on how to improve this situation. please help me.

Thank you ❤️

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

What I don't understand is that only 1 connected display was recorded in the 2nd Report for Intel Graphics Drivers. This is as if the external monitor was not connected.

Active Displays: 1

* Digital Display 1 *

Display Name: Schermo integrato
Display Type: Digitale
Serial Number: -
DDC2 Protocol: Supportato
Gamma: 2.2
Connector Type: DisplayPort

Are you sure everything is OK with the HDMI cable? Do you have another one to test?

N9C13
Novice

Yes, I had already tested it with another HDMI cable when I noticed the problem, I tested it again today and in any case it shows no signs of life. The same cable is connected to my Xbox and works fine, so the problem is definitely not the cable.
I also tried to connect my PC to another monitor with another HDMI cable and again I received no response from it.

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

There is a keyboard shortcut to change the screen configuration of your laptop. Please try as follows:

MUC_3-1707854459985.png

MUC_1-1707854304118.png

MUC_2-1707854355569.png

N9C13
Novice

Yes, I know this shortcut and I already tried it, but it doesn't work for any reason

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Then unfortunately I can only assume that the hardware is probably defective. In this case, you should request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) from the retailer where you bought the laptop.

0 Kudos
N9C13
Novice

is there no way to see if there is still a signal in the HDMI, I don't know, in the BIOS?

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

If this were a self-assembled computer, you could reset the CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor) parameters. But on a laptop where you haven't changed anything, that doesn't make sense. I also don't see an option for HDMI diagnostics in the MSI Click BIOS:

MUC_0-1707858990271.png

N9C13
Novice

I understand, is there any way to understand if there is power? Tell me clearly if there really is nothing more to do.

In any case I try to reset the bios.

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

From my point of view, there's nothing left you can do yourself. Please contact the device manufacturer MSI for warranty processing information:

MSI Italia

N9C13
Novice

Okay, tomorrow, during working hours, I will contact MSI support. Even though my warranty has expired. Thank you very much for your availability and help. Good work.

0 Kudos