Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel context menu in Windows 10 LTSC

Felix
Novice

Hi,

How do I add the Intel graphics console to t context menu in Windows 10? recent drivers do not have this feature. Although the Intel Graphics Experience can be added to the Windows Store, but Windows 10 Enterprise does not have a Store or App Installation, is there any other way to add the functionality of the graphical console?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello FWang23 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Are you currently using a Windows® 10 insider version on the system? What is the brand and model of your system? I would need some detail information about your system. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Felix
Novice

Hi Leonardo

Thank you for your reply, the attachment is my computer information.

At present, most of our companies use HP computers, but most of the drivers we like to use the latest version of the official, non-OEM manufacturers provide drivers.

Install the graphics card driver provided by the OEM, right-click menu has display the Intel graphics console, but the Intel official driver does not display the Intel graphics console.

The operating system we use will have Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 LTSC

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello FWang23 Thank you for the system information and the behavior that you are having, allow me to investigate the case, i will be posting back as soon as news become available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Felix
Novice

Hi Leonardo

any update ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello FWang23,

I would like to apologize for the late reply.

Let me explain to you that in compliance with Microsoft's new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) our DHC graphics driver won't be bundled with neither the Intel® Graphics Control Panel nor the Intel® Graphics Command Center. UWP requires that all applications used by a driver be a part of Microsoft Store. You can find more information about UWP here

Currently our latest DCH drivers are programmed so once successfully installed it should automatically download and install the Intel Graphics Command Center from the Windows Store (this is without the need of any user intervention). I would like to confirm that neither the Intel Graphics Control Panel nor the Intel Graphics Command Center would be showing up in the right-click contextual menu anymore, instead they can be launched from Windows > Start menu or in most cases with hot-keys (e.g. CTRL+ALT+F12).

At Intel we're still exploring options for users of Windows 10 LTSC/LTSB (since this OS doesn't have Windows Store) just in case the DCH driver fails to automatically download and install the application from Windows Store, but I believe one valid path would be for you to check directly with Microsoft for alternatives to this potential limitation in their UWP current implementation.

If we have an update on our internal investigation I'll be sure to post it here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi FWang23,

I would like to follow up with you and check if you had any luck contacting Microsoft to hear their opinion on this situation.

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos