Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Intel drivers&support assistant prompts to update intel graphics drivers, but installation fails

dcavoli
Beginner

I've downloaded Intel drivers&support assistant because I think I messed up with some uninstalled drivers, and I downloaded the software to fix that.

In the system tray now the software has a persistent notification warning me that there's an available update. If I check for new drivers on this page it tells me I have an update for Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40], but when I try to install it it tells me that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement for this kind of driver.

Do you need any log or info about my system? how can I share it to you?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
dcavoli
Beginner

Thank you. I've updated my original post and attached the .txt

0 Kudos
Whatts
Novice

There was an issue with driver v15.40.46.5144, for the manual download and for the update via Driver & Support Assistant. It was fixed for the manual download, but it never worked for me via the DSA.

See this post in another thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-HD-5500-driver-v15-40-46-5144-extraction-problem/m-p/1202445/highlight/true#M89100 

0 Kudos
dcavoli
Beginner

Thank you for the tip.

However, if I manually download and run the exe, I get the same error

Also, I don't have any Intel graphic driver installed in my system

The question is, do I need it? Do I have on my system unnecessary Intel software and drivers? I can't really "read" the output of the SSU, the only weird thing that I notice are all those "unexpected shutdowns", some of them I'm sure were not unexpected at all, like the yesterday one.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello dcavoli,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I understand that you keep getting an error message while trying to install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. (IDSA).

When talking about this utility it’s worth mentioning that the tool was designed to work in Intel devices, such as an Intel® NUC.

The purpose of the tool is to detect the components in the device and show the available updates for it, however, we need to consider that if an OEM device is used the IDSA might display some drivers that might not be fully validated or compatible with the device as the drivers provided by Intel are generic drivers.

That could be the reason why you are experiencing that error message. In my opinion, you could uninstall the IDSA or turn of the notifications of the software.

After checking the report provided, I noticed that your computer is working with a discrete graphics card, if you do then the update of the integrated graphics is not necessary.

If you are experiencing any kind of issue with your computer related to the integrated graphics, in this situation the HD 4600 you may want to check with your motherboard manufacturer for an option in BIOS to disable it. However, if the computer is working fine you don’t have to worry about updating the Intel Graphics driver at the moment.

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos