Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel flex mode

Max1233
Novice

rn i have 3gb ram running in intel flex mode. if i get a 8gb kit will it run in dual channel and not in flex mode. i have windows 10 64bit and i3 m370 with integrated graphics

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You currently have 1+2 SODIMMs installed and you want to go to 4+4 SODIMMs? If this is a proper kit (always recommended versus two single SODIMMs thrown together (even if same part numbers)), then yes, you should be able to run in dual-channel mode. I am willing to bet you will get more improvement out of simply having 8GB instead of 3GB than you will from having SODIMMs that run in dual-channel mode - but hey, who cares when you're getting both!    ;^)

...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You currently have 1+2 SODIMMs installed and you want to go to 4+4 SODIMMs? If this is a proper kit (always recommended versus two single SODIMMs thrown together (even if same part numbers)), then yes, you should be able to run in dual-channel mode. I am willing to bet you will get more improvement out of simply having 8GB instead of 3GB than you will from having SODIMMs that run in dual-channel mode - but hey, who cares when you're getting both!    ;^)

...S