Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel graphic command center not working after I upgraded windows build 10.0.19041

Geir1
Beginner

Hello there at Intel 🙂

After I upgraded my windows 10 to version 

OS Build 10.0.19041

the resolution on my BenQ BL3200 went down to 1920 x 1080 from my usual 2560x1440.  (That has happened before and I was always able to make my resolution on my Intel HD Graphics control Panel and switch to it again.)  But now my Intel HD Graphics control panel stopped working too, so I switch to  the new one Intel Graphic Command Center, but That is not working either to put my display back to 2560x1440.  I also set up Intel Driver and Support Assistant. and it says everything is ok .  But still my Intel® HD Graphics 4600 is not able to go to my higher resolution.  

I send herewith the reports from the Intel Driver& Support Assistant  sorry for the snapshots but the assistant make the report in html but you don´t support that in attached files 🙂

Is there a way of getting my loved 2560x1440 resolution back ?

Best regards 

Geir Thorsteinsson Reykjavik Iceland

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Geir1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the Intel® Processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides the Windows* update?

"Was always able to make the resolution on the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel", that means the resolution 2560x1440, was a custom resolution?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Hi there Alberto R,

Thank you for your answer.  I put the answers to your questions below.

Best regards and hope for solution 😊

Geir

Motherboard:  
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z87X-D3H
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model Z87X-D3H
System Type Desktop
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Motherboard Product Z87X-D3H-CF
Version To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS Version BIOS Date: 05/16/13 21:44:26 Ver: 04.06.05
Date 5/16/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Intel Processor:  
Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Device Details
Manufacturer GenuineIntel
Description Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Architecture x64
# of Cores 4
# of Threads 2
Processor Base Frequency 3401 MHz
Current Voltage 1.6
Level 2 Cache 1024 Kb
Level 3 Cache 8192 Kb
Processor Id 0x306C3
Revision 15363
Availability Running at full power
Not a laptop Home computer
Not a new computer I think it is 5 or 6 years old
No I did not make any other hardware changes only updated my windows.
No I remember when I bought my 32inch BenQ display a few years back I had to make changes in the graphics to get 2560x1440 and always since in every big update from Windows, I have had to make these changes, make a custom resolution and switch to that resolution.  It has always worked until my Intel HD Graphics Control stopped working after the upgrade to Windows 2004 OS build 10.0.19041 few days back. So I got Intel Graphics command Center and that is not working either to get my custom resolution to  2560x1440.  The GCC does not show any resoulution possibilities but seems to make my 2560x1440 form me but then it is not awailable to use. 
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Geir1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, the Intel® Graphics Command Center was designed to work with 6th Generation Intel® Processors or later, in this case, you are using a 4th Generation Intel® Processor so you will need to use the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer/board, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

Please uninstall the Intel® Graphics Command Center and install Gigabyte's Graphics driver version 1‎5.40.16.64.4364 that should include the Intel® Graphics Control Panel:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87X-D3H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-vga

If the problem persists after that, then install Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 15.40.46.5144 that contains the Intel® Graphics Control Panel as well and let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29804/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Thanks, 

Will do as prescribed and report 🙂

Geir

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Hello again,

Changed my driver as seen in the inteldriverfromGigabyte.png and then I tried to start the IntelHDGraphics Control Panel but it just came on the screen and then dissapeared and did not open, so I'm still stuck with my 1920x1080. 🙂 I did several shutdowns and restarts to be sure.

Please what next ?

Best regards, Geir

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Geir1 ,

1. Please download and install Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP) from the Microsoft Store clicking on this link. 

2. I've just installed the IGCP on my NUC, updated to Windows 2004 and the IGCP is fully functional. See the attached image.

Leon

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Thanks for your input. but I have allreadey tried to install the IGCP and it did not funktion with my 4th generation of Intel which I have.  but thanks.

Geir

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Hi Leon

Tried again but in vain 🙂

thanks, Geir

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) is designed to work with DCH-architected device drivers. For 4th gen. processors, only the older non-DCH-architected device drivers are provided. You thus need to use the Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP). It is automatically installed along with the older non-DCH-architected device drivers and is available via the desktop right-click context menu.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Thank you N_scott_pearson,

I have allready uninstalled IGCC but the orginal problem is still there, I have reversed back to the driver for my Intel 4th generation processor but as in the beginning after installing the W10 upgrade the IGCP wont start just like it did first after my upgrade of Windows.  So I have tried almost everything. but in vain .

The Inter Graphics Control Panel comes on the screen but then just closes and won't start. I have rolled my driver back too for my chip so the IGCP should work but nothing goes.

Hope someone can help.

Geir

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Geir1, I just wanted to check if the problem still persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Hi there Albert R.

Thank you for you email, but no I'm still stuck with my 1920x1080 and the Intel HD Graphics just initializes and the startup screen comes on but then it quits. I have tried all the suggestions but in vain.

Every program works even Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and so do all other programs, ie. Sketchup Pro. But for your information there is one oddity going on.  The Garmin Connect app is not working it behaves just like IHDG tries to open up but can't.

Best regards, 

Geir

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Geir1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

If you try to adjust the resolution using the Windows* options, does it work or it does not change the resolution?

Did you try to disable firewall/antivirus and then try to adjust the resolution?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Hi Alberto_R,

Thank you for your suggestions.  Yes every resolution change I tried in Windows worked ok. I tried to change to: 1680x1050, 1600x900, 1280x1024 and even to 800x600 and all of them worked and back to my 1920x1080.

I tried to take the firewall off on the followning, Domain network, Private network and Public network, but my IHDG did just com on and tried to start but quit without doing so. I Tried to set up IGCC agin with the firewall off and same results not working. 

I tried to do the same with my TotalAV off and the same results.

Thank you again but this is not working 😞

Best regards Geir  

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Geir1, You are very welcome, we are sorry to hear the issue persists.

Just to confirm, at the moment when you try to open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel to use it, could you please check "Task Manager" just to see if there are new services or processes opened related to that application?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Hi Alberto_R,

I have been away so I have not been able to try and try and try 🙂  but I' m still just using my 1920x1080 and have not been able to make new option for the desktop display with Intel HD Graphics control panel as it will not start it only briefly comes on but then quits. You ask me if I can see some other things starting when I use the but I see only the GFXUIEX MODULE starting and then it goes off and just the Intel mark comes on an then it dissappears too. The driver I'm using for my display Intel HD Graphics 4600 is from intel dated 29.9.2016 and driver version 20.19.15.4521.

Thanks Geir

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Geir1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Geir1, Thank you very much for providing those updates.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Geir1
Beginner

Alberto_R. thank you.

I hve tried to set up the following drivers for intel:

6.1.2016 version  20.19.15.4364

24.82.2015 version  10.18.15.15.4279 and

Beta 13.6.2016 version 20.19.15.4474

And with no luck 🙂

best regards Geir

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Geir1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Just to let you know, there is already a potential conflict in your system because the non-DCH driver you have already comes with Intel® GCP, and yet it seems you may have also installed Intel® GCP from Microsoft Store. This generates a conflict with 2 executables.

So, in this case, if you have the option of course, the next thing to try will be a Windows* Restore to the point where the Intel® GCP was working fine:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options 

Or uninstalling from Apps & Features the Intel® GCP and also doing a clean driver installation from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to the latest Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer 1‎5.40.16.64.4364:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87X-D3H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-vga

Please make sure you are not using any kind of adapter or docking station and you have loaded the drivers for the monitor as well.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos