Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel graphics control panel not working properly on my PC .how can i fix it?

AKhan44
Beginner

i asked this question a month back but for me personal reasons i cant pay attention to it. so basically i installed windows 10 on my PC a month back and i am facing an issue with my Intel HD graphics control panel is not launching (few it did launch but lots of time it didn't) and no error message shown on screen nothing

i have - Ci 7 6700k with inlet HD 530 GPU  

and i dont have any third party GPU 

and the motherboard that i use is gigabyte G1 Sniper B7 gaming motherboard

https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/G1Sniper-B7-rev-10#ov

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AKhan44​ 

Please check on your Taskbar (under "Show hidden icons"). You should see there Graphic panel icon. Right click on it and select Open App.

Leon

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

If you didn't find the Graphic Panel icon, you may instal the latest DCG Graphic Driver. It's come with functioning Graphic Panel. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Leon

0 Kudos
AKhan44
Beginner

actually i already downloaded Intel graphics control panel and i have issue using it not finding it .its not working properly on my PC and i think some kind of Windows update causing it and because of that I cant use my recording and video editing software

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

@AKhan44​ ,

As I've advised, please download the latest DCH Graphic Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers. This driver comes with new Intel Graphic Panel.

Leon

0 Kudos
AKhan44
Beginner

@LWAKSMAN​ i already downloaded latest intel graphic driver for my pc which is Version: 25.20.100.6618 and still facing the same issue

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AKhan44​ ,

I understand that although you have the latest DCH driver installed (Version: 25.20.100.6618), you still are not be able to locate Intel Graphic Panel on you computer. The Intel Graphic Panel (after installing the latest DCH driver is named Intel Graphic Command Center (see the attached image how does it looks). It is installed with the latest DCH driver. Look for Icon on Taskbar, under Hidden Icons. If you can't see it on your computer, please try the following:

1. Disconnect the Internet Connection.
  2. Open Device Manager and uninstall current installed driver (enable the Delete option).
  3. Reboot your computer.
  4. Install again the DCH driver Version: 25.20.100.6618.
  5. Reconnect the Internet and reboot the computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
AKhan44
Beginner

@LWAKSMAN​ thank you sir for your help dont know why i can't understand simple thing that you are trying to explain me all along thanks again

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello AKhan44, If you are still experiencing this issue, we recommend performing a clean installation of the latest Windows* DCH driver. Please follow these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver from downloadcenter.intel.com and save it on your Desktop. 2. Disconnect your unit from the Internet. 3. Uninstall any existing DCH Graphics driver via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 4. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 5. Restart the computer. 6. In Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics". Note: If "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is already listed skip to step#10. 7. Select "Uninstall device". 8. Enable the option "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall". 9. Restart the computer. (this should delete any non-DCH driver stored on Windows driver repository. Repeat steps #6 through #9 until "Intel® HD Graphics" changes to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter") 10. Install the DCH driver downloaded in step #1. 11. Restart the computer. 12. Reconnect to the Internet. 13. The (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel should be downloaded automatically after a few minutes upon restart. If it doesn't, go to Microsoft Store and download it. 14. Restart the computer. If the issue persists, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread to gather more information about your system configuration. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AKhan44
Beginner

@WannerG_Intel​ issue with my Intel graphics control panel still exists but intel graphic commend center working properly. i attach ssu report as you tell me

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello AKhan44, Thank you for attaching the report requested. Some features are not yet part of the Intel® Graphics Command Center. So unless you need the missing features, it is highly recommended to uninstall the Intel® HD Graphics Control Center. However, we would like to understand better the issue with the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel. Could you please name the video and editing software you are having issues with and how the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel creates conflict this software? Also, please let us know how the Intel® Graphics Command Center helps you run this software. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello AKhan44, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello AKhan44, If you have no issues while using the Intel® Graphics Command Center and the video editing software, when we recommend uninstalling the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel. If you have any further questions about this, please contact us back. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos