Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Intel graphics update requested by Fortnite

Steve11
Novice

Hello could anyone help or advise

Below is my system information 

My son is trying to play Fortnite but we are experiencing crashes and a message requesting an update to our graphics {See message below}

We have installed the recommended update but this is not the version required by Fortnite (27.20.100.8935)

Any help would be most welcome 

Take care.......Steve 

GRAPHICS  UPDATE.png

SPEC.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve11
Novice

Thank you again for the reply

16 GB RAM is on order (No delivery date) and the Graphics card we are searching for

I will update ASAP once the project is complete  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The latest, and likely the last, update is 5171 and can be found here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18369/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-40.html

I would not hold much hope for this enabling Fortnite to run.

You would do better to get an nvidia graphics card, like a GTX 1060, and not use the Intel graphics.  

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Steve11
Novice

Thank you for taking the to reply, it is much appreciated 

I have installed the update recommended but no joy (see new message below)

What is interesting, every time I restart the PC after installing the update, the "Intel installation Framework installer" runs every time. (Even though 5171 is installed) 

Not to worry. I understand improved graphics are required and thank you for the recommendation 

I gather I need to increase RAM too, to 16 GB (Currently 8 GB)

This is where I have concerns because the more I read the more I am confused 

Could you recommend the additional RAM I need to purchase and if possible an alternative to the awesome NVidia graphics card  GTX 1060 as we are on a tight budget (With that said I also understand you get what you pay for)

Thank you again for your invaluable help 

Take care.......Steve 

KNOWN ISSUE.PNG

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Regarding memory, contact HP support and get the memory specs for your system.

For the graphics card, I would stay away from AMD as their cards have compatibility issues with older systems.  You could look at other nvidia cards, but nvidia has started dropping support for some of the older cards, which is why I set the bar at a gtx 1060.  No matter what you do, graphic cards are at a premium these days.  If you choose to buy a used card, be careful.  That auction site is a great place to unload non-functional cards, or cards that have problems.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Steve11
Novice

Thank you again for the reply

16 GB RAM is on order (No delivery date) and the Graphics card we are searching for

I will update ASAP once the project is complete  

0 Kudos