Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21135 Discussions

Intel iRIS Xe - Screen flickering black

BinaryRetrograde
Beginner

Hello community,

For a while already I've been having issues with my screen flicker black.
When it exactly happens doesn't really seem to have a pattern other than when certain fast changes happen on the screen. For example while watching a video on the screen, playing a game with lots of special effects, or sometimes even editing an image or scrolling to fast through some code or even file explorer can trigger it.

Current driver:

• iRIS Xe driver version 31.0.101.3790

I have the iRIS Xe driver version 31.0.101.3790 currently clean installed as I saw a similar post with this issue that marked it as the solution. Unfortunately, this was not a solution for my issue, in fact it feels like the flickering happens even more now.

Other driver I already tried:

• Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4887 (WHQL Certified) for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics and Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.

This was suggested by Intel Driver & Support Assistent, but did not fix the issue.

Other information about my system:

• CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11390H
  • Laptop model: HP Spectre x360 16-f0xxx
  • BIOS version/date: Insyde F.18 - 12/07/2023

Is there anyone here who can help me with resolving this issue?
Thanks in advance, kind regards.

BinaryRetrograde

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BinaryRetrograde,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We would be more than glad to assist you with your flickering issue.

• When did the issue start? Was it present since day one?
  • Are you able to check if the issue persists on an external monitor?
  • Is the flickering issue present when you navigate through the BIOS?
  • We looked for more information about your system, and we noticed that on the HP website, there is a similar product to the one you described. However, the information reports that the system has an NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Laptop GPU.

Best regards

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BinaryRetrograde,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BinaryRetrograde,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos