Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel iris Xe graphics screen flickering

T89
Beginner

Device :  Asus Vivobook s15 OLED (K3502ZA)

Windows version : Windows 11 home 64 bit

Since 15/03/2023 my laptop display started flickering with horizontal fast-moving lines. (Please see the attached video and image). This disappeared every time I opened VLC player and didn't manifest in BIOS mode or safe mode either.  When I uninstalled the Intel iris Xe graphics driver (30.0.101.1368) it resolved. Then the driver showed as Microsoft Basic Display Driver, but with that brightness and resolution was fixed.

Then I tried installing latest graphics drivers from ASUS site (30.0.101.1368), intel site (Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows* -31.0.101.4146), Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - BETA - Windows* -31.0.101.4148). Flickering and horizontal lines appeared again when I tried to upgrade from basic display version to above versions. Driver installation via Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) was also gave the same results.

Then I tried complete resetting of windows, ultimately it was also unsuccessful. Flickering appeared soon after entering to Windows login window.  Windows is currently up to date.

I would be really grateful if someone can give a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello T89

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

We noticed you have opened an email support case with us, and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will now close this community case.

Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel, in case you have further questions, please open a new thread.

Thanks for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos