Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21223 Discussions

Intel iris xe graphics

Wally_T435
Beginner
My games have been crashing since I updated my graphics card to intel display 31.0.101.4369 driver, I tried to roll back to the previous driver but the problem still continued
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Wally_T435,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

To better assist you, we would like to confirm the following information

• What are the affected games?
  • Is there any error message when the game crashes? If so, provide us with a screenshot of the error message you receive.
  • What game distribution service you used to install the game? (Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft Connect, Microsoft Store)
  • Which installation method you used to install the driver?
  • How did you roll back the driver?
  • If it is possible, we would like to ask for more system information. Please, create a system report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU)
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wally_T435
Beginner

There is no error message displayed they just close themselves after a few minutes running, the affected games are Assassins creed origins, Gta V and NFS Payback, I used ubisoft connect and steam for installing them. To roll back the driver I went to device manager and clicked the display adapters then went to driver tab and clicked roll back driver. I did not make a clean install as to keep the previous update which was how I was able to roll back the driver

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Wally_T435,

Thanks for the information provided.

It is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). Based on the Lenovo Website, the latest driver available is version 30.0.101.1692; you should perform a clean driver install. Corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Wally_T435
Beginner
I tried that but the problem still continues
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Wally_T435,

Since the OEM driver is failing, we want to recommend you test our generic driver, performing a clean installation. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and installing Intel's generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM). Our latest driver available is 31.0.101.4382 (BETA).

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Wally_T435
Beginner
The problem still continues
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Wally_T435,

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Wally_T435,

Thank you for your patience.

After reviewing this problem, we recommend you uninstall the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions. Once you run the tool, you should install the latest driver from Lenovo, 30.0.101.1692. The DDU tool will eliminate all drivers and leftover files from previous driver versions.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello  Wally_T435,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Wally_T435,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos