Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel j4115 with uhd 600 graphics

Lak
Beginner
Hi I have a Chuwi Larkbox running Windows 10 with Intel Celeron J4115 2.5 ghz and Intel UHD 600 graphics card. I am trying to get the display to show up on my Samsung 4K Tv model UA55MU6100 through the HDMI port with no luck. I've installed the latest drivers and everything else I can think of with no success. The specs all seems to say that this graphics card will support 4K 60hz through the HDMI port. Has anyone else experience this?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are two ways that this box could expose an HDMI port.

1. If it directly exposes one of the processor's display outputs configured for HDMI, then, since this processor only supports HDMI 1.4, the best you are going to be able to do is 4K @ 30Hz.
  2. If it takes one of the processor's display outputs configured for Displayport and feeds it through a LSPcon chip, then it is possible to get 4K @ 60Hz. The processor supports DisplayPort 1.2 and the LSPcon chip can convert this to HDMI 2.0, which supports 4K @ 60Hz.

Now, regardless of how this box is supporting its HDMI port, it should still display something. The most common cause is a crappy HDMI cable. Barring this, my other question is what GFX driver version do you have installed?

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

BTW, if they've done it right (i.e. supported DisplayPort Alt. Mode), you can also access a DisplayPort 1.2 feed via the USB-C connector. There are lots of fairly cheap adapters that will convert this output to HDMI 2.0. For example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07THJGZ9Z.

...S

0 Kudos
Lak
Beginner
Thank you Scott. Unfortunately the USB-C port is dedicated to power only (see: https://store.chuwi.com/products/chuwi-larkbox). I'm using the HDMI cable that is currently mirroring my laptop to the Samsung 4K TV right now, so I don't think it's the cable. It's not showing up at all on my 4K TV (not even registering it as a device on the HDMI port). The only way I can access it is through HDMI to my HDTV. While it was connected to my HDTV: I used the intel driver utility to update the graphics driver to the latest version and also updated Windows 10 to the latest update. Non of these methods seems to work. The spec seems to support what I'm trying to do. That's why I'm at a lost:((
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, you can connect your HDTV and it works but connect your 4K TV and it doesn't. Are you using a good quality HDMI 2.0-compliant cable? Hint: If it came with the TV, it is crap; throw it away and get a good one. 

...S

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Lak,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

• Are you using straight connection HDMI* to HDMI*?

To better assist you, please provide us the below reports:

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

With the external display connected, provide the Intel* Graphics Command Center report:

>Go to the Intel Graphics Command Center

>Support

>System Diagnostic

>Generate report.

>Attach the report file.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Lak,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Lak,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos