Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel onboard Graphics i5-2500 & w7 32 BIT

55trucker
Beginner

Hello there:

I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on my situation here, I own the i5 2500 CPU, plugged into an Asus P8Z68 LX V motherboard.

I have 3 operating systems on the hard drive partitions, W7 32bit, W7 64bit & W10 64bit.

The motherboard & CPU support Intel onboard graphics, I've owned the motherboard/CPU for 10 years. Up 'til now there has never been a need for the onboard HDMI graphics as I did not own an HDMI receiver. The AMD Radeon HDMI card looked after the video that went straight to my 60" flat screen.

Now that I do have this new HDMI receiver all of the HDMI is passing thru it. As usch I have also activated the onboard Intel HDMI graphics.

my issue is this....2 of the 3 systems have installed cleanly the program for the onboard graphics. The graphics function as they should, 1 of the 3 has not, the 32 bit op/sys doesn't want to play nicely with the drivers of the program. For whatever reason after allowing the install exe to run & then reboot the op/sys the video is lost. All one gets after the windows boot screen is black, one cannot get to the logon window. I've retried multiple times installing/uninstalling but I can't get past this issue.

the exe program is.....Win7_Vista 152254.exe (dated 2012) for 32 bit systems. The program executes with no issue, completes the process, but when I reboot I've lost the graphics & can't back in under normal login conditions. If one chooses the safe mode the op/sys will boot up.......

hoping that someone can shed some light on this........thx

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @55trucker

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Core™ i5-2500 Processor and its Intel® HD Graphics 2000 have been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos