Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Intel update fail (graphics)- computer doesn't meet minimum requirements. ?solution

mgran17
Beginner

hi all, im probably one of many- getting ongoing update ( Intel graphics driver )requests from intel for my hp elite desk(top) 800 GI SFF .

when i attempt the update, i get a message ( PC doesnt meet requirements) My PC should be same as normal OS, but is on a M/Soft Menshed australia refurbished * liscence .

looks lke my M/Board is unsupported now going on Intel site info. PC has 500G HDD, 8G RAM- so is adequete to cope in that respect

am running win 10 Pro, 2019* build , 64 bit, i7 on a yr 1998 dated board, Ser AUD 536011P. is there a way to go around this?

MG.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. What is the CPU model you have installed? The intel Graphics DCH Driver is compatible for 6th generation CPU and higher.
  2. If you have applicable CPU (6th generation or higher), try this:
  3. Download the latest DCH Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.8141 
  4. Disconnect the internet.
  5. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software from this device" option.
  6. Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
  7. Now, install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.8141
  8. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
  9. In the end you may download and install the latest version of Intel DSA.

Leon

Leon

0 Kudos
mgran17
Beginner
Hi LW, thanks, had considered trying delete/reload driver. CPU is Intel i7 4770 SR149 (4th gen) also marked with : X529A658 (e4) Processor graphics - Intel, device ID 0X412. On Intel site, that chip dated 2017, discontinued as mentioned. Pc is refurbished model ( via menshed ), so would be anything from 2-5yrs old, Intel advise via website discontinuance of support in favour of newer tech such as NUC.. Will try your idea.