Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel wants to hear your feedback! - Graphics Control Panel

RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

We are interested in improving the Graphics Control Panel, and providing the best possible experience to all of our users.

It is for these reasons that we would like to hear your feedback on ANY aspect from the Graphics Control Panel. Examples:

- Which current features/options you use the most?

- Which ones you hate?

- Which ones you would like to see new?

- Do you like the Graphics Control Panel current look and feel?

Any feedback is welcome (within the realm of politeness and decency ), and with your help we can continue to improve our products.

74 Replies
Parapele
New Contributor I

Hello Ronald! Well if you really interesting what users want.

Please read this at first /thread/26526 https://communities.intel.com/thread/26526 22.11.2011-26.08.2015 40762 views daaaaaaaaaamn so many of paine

1 Yes, global Vsync on/off and no matter what application forced on or off

2 Cap fps as its done with vsync today, for each game separately, if you want 143 fps, 59 fps, 15 fps, 2 fps no matter. For laptops it will be awesome!

3 If you right click on systray it will be cool to able to choose monitor configuration, today you need to go in settings. It disappear since some version.

4 Able to lock refresh rate of your monitor. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/RefreshLock.shtml http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/RefreshLock.shtml

Please try this program yourself to understand what exactly i mean. It's forces use max refresh rate of monitor for each resolution.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MMT1
Novice

Hello, Ronald. Owners of modern 4K (and HiDPI in general) displays need nonblurry full-screen scaling at integer ratios implemented on graphics-driver level.

For example, 1920×1080 (Full HD) signal could be output at 3840×2160 (4K) physical resolution with no any blur — just by displaying each logical pixel as a group of exactly 2×2 identical physical pixels. No monitors or graphics drivers are currently capable of that (the scaled image is blurry regardless of whether ratio is integer), so implementing the feature would give Intel graphics solutions a huge competitive advantage.

The feature is very similar to the existing "Centered" scaling mode (available in graphics drivers by all major vendors), just with each logical pixel represented not as a single physical pixel, but as a group of as much physical pixels (2×2, 3×3, etc.) as needed for filling the screen as fully as possible.

For better understanding of what the nonblurry scaling is, please see my web-based http://tanalin.com/_experimentz/demos/non-blurry-scaling/ demo and the related threads on https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/55hb0u/lets_get_integer_nearest_neighbor_gpu_scaling/ Reddit, and https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/844905 GeForce and AMD (https://community.amd.com/thread/195561 1, https://community.amd.com/thread/209107 2) forums. Thanks.

REwen
Beginner

I really, really want this. I think a lot of people want it but don't _know_ that they want it. People do notice that something just sees 'off' when using 1080p on 2160p panels, but most can't put their finger on it and don't get as far as requesting this feature.

I wish all monitor scalers, HDTV scalers, and GPU scalers supported this.

I have an XPS 15 9570 with Intel 630. The 630 is underpowered for the 2160p screen. Compared to my 3-year-old XPS 13, things on the XPS 15 feel slightly laggy. Opening the Windows timeline with lots of applications is not smooth at all. Scrolling in apps is ever so slightly delayed. It's a bit better at 1080p, and so are the many scaling issues that Windows has, but alas everything is slightly fuzzy/blurry.

https://www.change.org/p/nvidia-amd-nvidia-we-need-integer-scaling-via-graphics-driver

0 Kudos
MTomc
Novice

Hello, I have a system with Keby Lake cpu and with Intel Graphics HD 630. The problem is scaling.

I found that it has blur issue too when scaling via graphics driver. I have a 4k monitor and when using 1080p resolution its so blurry even though 4k is exactly 4times of 1080p so it should scale perfectly without any blurred,fuzzy image.

Do you please know about this issue ?

this is about a feature request, not about a regular issue.

Could intel please take a look at this and implement it in future graphics drivers? Adding more scaling options like: disable scaling, integer scaling, nearest-neighbour scaling. the feature is not available in all 4K monitors, graphics-driver-powered scaling is the only way to go 😕 please Intel.

BSeam
Beginner

It has been complained before that the language settings for the control panel are taken directly from the system Locale without any option for the user to set the language differently.

I am in an environment where I need to have the System Locale set to Japanese so that many characters can even be visible, but I do not speak Japanese! So, it is frustrating that the Graphics Control Panel is in Japanese. It would be better to give the user an option, or at least set the language according to the system language instead of the locale!

0 Kudos
JAdam20
Beginner

I agree with Donwey's post, we need 3840x2160 to scale perfectly to 1920x1180. In windows 10, on a 4k display, selecting 1920x1180 results in a blurry image. When using linux, on the same machine, it does scale it exactly, meaning each pixel is composed of 2x2 pixels of the same color.

I'm using a 13 inch laptop with a 4k display.

Thanks!

MMT1
Novice

jmadams

> When using linux, on the same machine, it does scale it exactly, meaning each pixel is composed of 2x2 pixels of the same color.

That's interesting. Do I understand correctly that under Linux, full-screen scaling via graphics driver is nonblurry, so the issue with Intel graphics is Windows-only?

Could you clarify what exact distribution of Linux and what exact graphics driver (official Intel's one or what, and what exact version) are you using? And for completeness, what exact laptop are you using? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JAdam20
Beginner

I have an 13 inch HP Spectre X360 with Kaby Lake (I7 7500u ). I just installed Ubuntu Mate 16.04.2 using the default i915 driver (automatically installed during installation.) I only see the blurry problem in Windows.

And to be clear, selecting a non multiple resolution does exhibit blurriness to some degree in linux. Selecting an exact multiple, in my case 1920x1080 is perfect scaling in linux.

0 Kudos
MMT1
Novice

Great, thanks. Sounds promising.

Are you sure scaling is done by the graphics driver and not by OS (or e.g. its own graphics layer independent from specific graphics driver and GPU)?

Is scaling nonblurry too when running 3D games (not just OS desktop) at 1920×1080?

0 Kudos
PMala6
Beginner

Hello, I was told over in this thread right here: to voice myself in this one as well, so i'll just be copy/pasting my comment from there to here.

"/message/466600# 466600 3. /message/466600# 466600 Re: where is the gamma setting for the intel core i7

Peter Malave Apr 11, 2017 4:44 PM (/message/464682# 464682 in response to Intel Corporation)

Hello, I'm understanding that you've removed the gamma slider because Windows 10 has a Gamma option themselves, right.

Well, I just came to ask if there's any possible way for the gamma slider in Intel options to return? Frankly, the windows 10 slider sucks. It resets calibration after every startup, or sleep, or when you go full-screen in any game. It's a nuisance to constantly edit my gamma calibration. I relied on this control panel because it didn't do that, it stood with my calibration no matter what I did. Well, until it was removed. I've had a problem since this has disappeared but haven't addressed it until now.

I actually made this account just to reply and voice this concern. I'm unsure if you're in charge of what stays and what goes, but it would be fantastic if the gamma slider could return to the Intel HD Graphics Settings.

Thank you for your time."

There's no other additions that need to be made I feel. I just believe it would be great for intel if they returned that gamma calibration on the control panel as the current Windows 10 one is very unreliable. Thank you again^^

Alyosha2001
Beginner

Yes, please, I vote for that also, the Windows Display Calibration is poor, it lags when opening pictures, and it does not give as good results as the old Intel Control Panel one. Please consider to bring it back!

0 Kudos
JGraf1
Beginner

I like the control panel as it is. Or at least as it was prior to the latest update. The only feature I use on a regular basis is the display-rotate ability. When reading documents/e-books I like to rotate the screen clockwise 90 degrees via hotkey (CTRL-ALT-RARROW). Unfortunately the latest driver update (Jan 2017) removes this feature. This is "fixed" by re-installing the previous driver version. Unfortunately, I have had to turn off Windows Updates to prevent the new driver from being installed again.

Regardless of the problem (which Intel is currently investigating) I am dismayed that you would remove such a useful feature.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I´d like to see options for colour depth (bpc) and Chroma settings. You need these when using USB-C or DP to HDMI adapters and such.

In the control panel some things could be named more clearly.

RonaldM_Intel

Thank you all for the feedback provided so far.

We continue to listen so please keep it coming.

Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Whal
Beginner

Reaction on thread 112438.

Driver is working fine after installing. But after restart window 10 creator is not working anymore.

case 02765283

0 Kudos
osten1
Novice

Seems we need a tool in this control panel to give status of hdmi chain gpu <-> cable <-> monitor/tv. To see what hdmi versions there are at gpu and monitor/tv. Would be easier to track down where it fails to have HDR, high dynamic range enabled on 4K units.

If both gpu and monitor/tv have hdmi 2.0 (a/b), one can easier see that hdmi cable must be replaced.

We need to define what kind of output we want RGB, YUV420, YUV422 8/10/12 bit WCG due to meet hdmi2.0 (a/b) specification on HDR high dynamic range thing

APera1
Beginner

- Which current features/options you use the most?

I am using the Creators Update......i love all the features and even MORE the Gaming option in settings

- Which ones you hate?

i would have to say the Paint 3D because its causes to much LAG...but its a really creative feature

- Which ones you would like to see new?

Add an easy way to add more Dedicated Memory 😕 PLS ADD THIS, i have 1 computers and 3 laptops and I think that not just me i know EVERYONE NEEDS this feature!!!!!! especially all the people that are chancing from Console or Mobile to PC,Laptop................... this can be a great thing for gamers and people that are in school, we cant run a lot of programs (People with 32 bit or 64), but we that have a 64 one can at least use programs for school XD but i cant use 3 that my teachers are asking me to use

- Do you like the Graphics Control Panel current look and feel?

add more ways to improve the Graphics and i think that it looks great with the blue color

-By: Alexander Perales

I am new to community Everyone that read this have a wonderful and Happy day

0 Kudos
SGamm
Beginner

Bring back the gamma bar there should of been no reason to remove it, Windows 10 sucks and the calibrate doesn't do gamma windows 10 calibrate does brightness not gamma,

I really wonder what goes through peoples heads when they think these kinds of changes is good,

Removing the gamma from the control panel hinders us gamer's who use a laptop with multiple Gpu's and can't change the gamma on the fly to accommodate if were using an external lcd or not.

Windows 10 calibration does not calibrate gamma but brightness and does Not provide the ability to change gamma on the fly.

0 Kudos
JWich
Beginner

Hello Ronald & folks,

In reference to what I wrote on thread 111426, a per app scaling option would be very helpful.

Goal at least for me would be to disable all PC based scaling for an app that is exclusive fullscreen capable so that the video signal would be passed to the output in 720p, 1080p etc without being upscaled to the native reso of the actual screen.

Modern TVs do a very good job @ uscaling reso, and don't introduce screen stutter or input lag when doing that. I understand that Intel together with Microsoft are doing their best to handle low reso apps, buit sometimes it's best to just let it be

Thanks for looking into this,

jrgn

EDIT

As mentioned on 111426, I realized that I am looking for a toggle to en-/dis-able GPUscaling. Up until today the screens do a far better job @ up-scaling than GPUs/Windows for some reason.

Thanks much!

EDIT

0 Kudos
JWich
Beginner

Hi Ronald et-al,

I managed to disable GPU scaling y tweaking the monitor driver so that my external screen would only advertise certain resolutions as naitive. That way the OSD now shows the actual in game resolution and I got rid of all the stuttering ang lagging.

Please consider such an option in the CP.

Thanks a bunch,

jrgn

0 Kudos