Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel wants to hear your feedback! - Graphics Control Panel

RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

We are interested in improving the Graphics Control Panel, and providing the best possible experience to all of our users.

It is for these reasons that we would like to hear your feedback on ANY aspect from the Graphics Control Panel. Examples:

- Which current features/options you use the most?

- Which ones you hate?

- Which ones you would like to see new?

- Do you like the Graphics Control Panel current look and feel?

Any feedback is welcome (within the realm of politeness and decency ), and with your help we can continue to improve our products.

74 Replies
mklan2
Beginner

Hello,

once there was a very useful shortcut key. I mean Ctrl+Alt+arrow keys to very fast responding screen flip. Unfortunately this key doesn't work anymore. Please add this with coming updates. It'll be great. Thans in advance

0 Kudos
DRobe8
Beginner

With the Intel HD Graphics 520 System Tray icon in Windows 10 -

I used to be able to right-click, and select the profile I wanted: e.g. 'default', 'outside', 'darken after 7pm' etc.

Very useful when moving around with my laptop inside & outdoors, and even on darker afternoons.

Used it a lot.

For some reason now, when I right-click, all I get is the option to open Intel Graphics Settings, or Exit Tray.

It wasn't just useful, it was damn-near Awesome 😉

Is there anything on the Development timeline to re-introduce this functionality?

Bit of a PITA to say the least to have to :-

right-click Intel HD Graphics in the tray >

click Intel Graphics Settings >

wait for Control Panel main Window to open >

click 'Display'

then click dropdown to select Profile.....

That's a whole bunch of stuff I have to do everytime I go inside or outside, or even moving rooms sometimes depending on how bright it is.

And definitely at night.

Resurrect the Right Click in the Tray!!! 😉

Laptop is an:

Acer Aspire V 15, V3-575T-7008.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

0 Kudos
GUser1
Beginner

I came here from

Please provide some simple API's or command lines so that users can automate changing or easily change settings. That should not take that much time for Intel programmers to implement it.

0 Kudos
CRich8
Beginner

Hi.

please add the function to switch between profiles with hotkeys. Seems like users have been asking for this option for almost 10 years.

And please add the trigger function to switch profiles again - this was my workaround for many years to quickly switch profiles until it suddenly disappeared some month ago after performing a driver update. Now even the right-click context menu is gone, so one has to open the settings GUI and click multiple times to use another profile - this is such a waste of time.

Appreciate an answer if this user feedback is seriously taken into consideration. The hotkey feature for example was requested so many times and never got implemented.

thanks and regards, Christian

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Christian,

We really appreciate that you took time to post your feedback here.

I already forwarded your request to the development team in charge of the Intel Graphics Control Panel, and while I cannot promise that the changes will be implemented, they will for sure be taken into consideration for future updates.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
FAkht
Beginner

I came from this thread, can we please get integer scaling implemented, Nvidia has already done so in their Linux drivers, but it would be best if all three implement the feature across all the different OS as 1080p media/especially games on a 4k screen has become pretty common in the past few years
0 Kudos
TKody
Novice

Greetings Ronald,

in the Display General Settings, please enable the Quantization Range setting when a Displayport -> HDMI adapter is used.

For full details of the issue, see

Also "Options and Support" menu should show both the driver versions (i.e. 22.20.xx.xxxx & 15.47.xx.xxxx), to avoid any confusion when updating drivers.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
COthe
Beginner

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Please add back the ability to use custom resolutions to the control panel for ALL hardware versions, or fix the driver's inability to correctly read from the display.

I have several systems which use Intel HD graphics, and they all have issues choosing or allowing the correct resolutions for different displays. On the very same system, attached to a STANDARD COMPUTER DISPLAY, the control panel lists the display as a "Digital Television", despite it being an Asus computer monitor (as in NOT a TV). It offers a long list of resolutions, including 1360 x 768 (which is NOT the native resolution of the display). If I move the very same system to a Samsung LCD TV, the driver recognizes it as a Samsung Digital Television, and only offers two resolutions - 1280 x 720 and 1920 x 1080, neither of which are the correct native resolution, which is 1360 x 768. Why is this resolution offered on a computer monitor, when it's NOT it's native resolution, but not on a TV when it IS it's native resolution? Clearly the graphics hardware can handle it, it just fails to offer the correct resolution on a given display.

There used to be a Custom Resolution app that let a user specify custom resolutions, which still exists, along with a CustomResolutionAppv2_0, in System32, but neither of these do anything at all.

This has been an issue for AT LEAST FIVE YEARS, with NO solution, despite it being all over Intel's very own forums.

Come on guys, get your act together. At this point, I'm about to swear off ever buying another system that relies on Intel's graphics.
0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

there seems to be a problem with mirroring...its fine if we use the last selected option for mirroring ike if i used duplicate option only last time thn after connecting again it will work fine with duplicate option but lags severely if i try to change option to second screen only and i also have noticed that if any viedo is paused and resumed after sometime lip sync issue occurs plus sometimes connection ends on its own with my tv(samsung mu7000) and if scree of laptop turns off connecton ends and doesnt resumes back after laptop screen is turned on again (only screen turns off laptop stays on)pardon my english as its not my native language

0 Kudos
MLund3
Novice

Please add the ability to limit the YCbCr sampling output to 4:2:2 and/or 4:2:0!

Some tv's can't handle 4:4:4, it would be nice to manually be able to limit the output to get the right black level.

Thanks!

idata
Employee

I am also very much wanting to see integer scaling become an option for the driver. I hate having to explain to customers why their 1080p content won't look as good on a 4K screen.

Please see the below article. It's something that I'm hopeful that Intel's engineers will take into consideration:

http://tanalin.com/en/articles/lossless-scaling/ Nonblurry (lossless, pixel-perfect) integer-ratio scaling

Zingam
Beginner

Icons are too huge, too much wasted space. Make this panel more compact and informative and fast. It is after all a Settings panel not some music player with visualizations - it should be simple, clear and fast.

0 Kudos
DSmit41
Beginner

I strongly second the requests for integer scaling to help eliminate unnecessary blur when scaling resolutions up to 4k AND full and easy control of the 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0 options. I wouldn't mind the clunky control panel interface if it at least provided robust control and options that Nvidia and AMD have been providing to their users for many years.

0 Kudos
kd
Beginner

So now that you guys secretly added the ability to downscale arbitrary resolutions to the native resolution of your monitor, can we see you expose this setting like how nvidia's DSR / AMD VSR does?

Let's say you have a native 1080p display, can we have the option of choosing a fake 1440p/4k/whatever resolution and let the intel GPU downscale it?

This has been a requested feature for some time and it works, the trick I have figured out to enable this mode right now is to connect an external display (any resolution, in my case 4k), set displays to duplicate (which happens by default), turn the DPI scaling to 100% and boom. The native display (1080p in the case of my laptop) is running in virtual 4k (or w/e the native resolution of the external monitor is), downscaled, and I'm able to adjust the refresh rate of the internal display independently of the external monitor.

In this case I set my internal 1080p monitor to displlay "3840x2160" at 104hz (it runs 60hz natively but runs at 104hz using EDID overrides, only showing this to demonstrate the flexibility).

Proof:

Sorry for the awful photo, this mode is actually very usable and not blurry like in that image. Massive increase in virtual workspace and the quality of the image is quite good, a 1440p downscale mode would probably be an even better balance.

Someone at intel must have tested this out and realized it works right? Can we get official support for this in the driver UI?

0 Kudos
plee21
Valued Contributor I

Hi

For one, please don't make the control panel a way to drive adverts which has recently become the case. Given this is an embedded graphics chip I suspect a large percentage of users are not gamers (those people preferring something more powerful) but professional users who don't want to see adverts or "featured games" here. For example if in a meeting and needing to connect to a projector or larger monitor which requires playing with the display settings, it looks very unprofessional to see big panels relating to gaming.

Also it doesn't appear possible to set custom frame rates for the secondary monitor, although this may be a limitation of my daisy chaining two monitors via DisplayPort.

I agree with others about the oversized everything, although this seems to be the latest fashion that Intel aren't just guilty off.

Regards

Phil

0 Kudos
cxion2
Beginner

Hey Ronald,

I would love to give intel a feed back but my control panel is shaded grey and I cannot open it....dot dot dot I have the latest drive...

0 Kudos
JGarc46
Beginner

10 bit color option please! Windows recently added an HDR button, which is nice, but I don't an official HDR certified display. However, it does support 4K, HDMI 2.0 and 10 bit color. Can you please add this option?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mr Ronald Intel,

I strongly believe that there's no reason to change Intel graphics panel since it doesn't bring any cool or additional features. As i can see with an update of 15.60.2.4901 it was modified with a new photo on it.

MI
Beginner

If this application would not be part of the installer driver I would think, after I open it and use it that i downloaded a trojan, or a fake application, because it does nothing except what I also can do from windows.

0 Kudos
MI
Beginner

please make something with driver or future chip and not the intel hd sh******t control panel

0 Kudos
NKauf1
Beginner

It does seem that you've got your priorities all mixed up.

First thing, please take care of the driver issues that you folks have so 'elegantly' introduced. Once you resolve those then we can discuss about feedback for a Control Panel that is the last of worries of most people.

I've posted an issue on Dec 28 and that is still unresolved.

Got one suggestion on this forum to contact laptop manufacturer. Since most Intel products are not in INTEL laptops but other manufacturers, that does seem a very 'silly' suggestion. No point in having a post that details about information to collect and provide.

Perhaps Intel folks should seriously re-think their priorities.

0 Kudos