Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel xe iris Spike 100 % in 3D GPU

cadam
Beginner

hello, I've laptop MSI Summit E14 use Intel Xe Iris graphic. when playing Rf games, 3d on gpu spike 100% then the game is force close. 100% spike only occurs once and immediately force close. I only open the game without any other applications open. Graphic Driver 31.0.101.3959 and Windows 11 Pro.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

cadam, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Were the games working fine before on this specific machine?

If yes, when did the issue start?

What is the name of the games?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
cadam
Beginner

Is this a new computer?  yes

When did you purchase it? 3 weeks ago

Were the games working fine before on this specific machine? I play that game in another laptop no problem

If yes, when did the issue start?

What is the name of the games? RF Remastered Lyto

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem? no

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? I play game in home

Now i've installed driver intel xe iris version 31.0.101.3222

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

cadam, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Yes, as you mention, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 31.0.101.3222 provided by MSI and that should be the proper driver for your system since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

Even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic and they might or might not work as expected with your device, for testing purposes, please try a clean installation of our latest Intel® graphics driver version 31.0.101.3790 following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

We also recommend to get in contact directly with MSI support in order to confirm that the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your laptop or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://us.msi.com/support

In the following link, you will find "Game Troubleshooting for Intel® Graphics Products" which should be useful for you:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005746/graphics.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
cadam
Beginner

Dear Intel,

I have installed the recommended xe graphics driver but still the result is the same as now.

is it possible for the Intel Xe Iris vram to be increased to 4GB because for large RAM memory it is around 16GB while when I check the vram it is only 128mb ??

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's not your issue.

The driver dynamically allocates RAM to use as VRAM. Depending upon the demands being made, up to 50% of the available RAM will be allocated for use as VRAM (this would be 8GB in your case). The fact that you only see 128MB in the display is because the tools only display the minimum (idle) allocation.

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello cadam, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear that the problem remains after installing the graphics driver provided previously.

Based on that, we will do further research on this matter. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello cadam, I just received an update on this matter.

We are going to try to replicate this issue in our Intel® lab. Based on that, we just wanted to confirm if there is a link that you can share for us to download the game from the same page you did?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
cadam
Beginner

dear intel, 

here is the download link for the game :

https://rfonline.lytogame.com/download/game.asp

my application intel graphic command center can't add game. why i can't add game in intel graphic command center ??

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello cadam, Thank you very much for sharing the link.

We will attempt to replicate the issue in our Intel® lab to confirm if the Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics controller spikes to 100 % in 3D. As soon as I get any results, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,
Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello cadam, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are still working on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm if there is a possibility for you to share the installer from the website for us to test it?

Additionally, you mentioned that you tested the game on another laptop and it works, what was the driver version and configuration running on that other laptop? 

Is it also Intel® Xe Graphics?

Is this issue happening with other games or exclusively with RF games?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello cadam, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello cadam, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Balmart
Beginner

Hello Alberto

i have the same problem in this post and still no solution for that.

But when I play in NVIDIA Graphics, the game run well. What happend to Intel iRisXe?
I think Intel iRisXe not support for all games especially an old MMORPG like RF Online.

The game suddenly freeze after 3-5 minutes play.

Regards,

Balmart

0 Kudos