Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

IntelHD doesn't detect TV via DP2hdmi converter, bios displays normally, but "no signal" after loading IntelHD driver (w7/64).

Vovchok
Beginner

IntelHD (i5-3570) with DP connected to hdmi on TV via converter, bios displays normally, but "no signal" after loading IntelHD driver (win7/64). If I reinstall the driver - everifing work fine till reboot. How to solve it? Or how to automatically reinstall the driver during windows start?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

I told you to use devcon.exe restart rather than devcon.exe updateNI. To execute devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152*" command you may prepare a .bat file and using a Task Scheduler, create a task to run it during Windows Startup.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What driver package are you using? Version 15.33.50.5129 is the latest (available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29473).

If that doesn't work, I am not sure what to suggest (Windows 7 is no longer supported).

...S

0 Kudos
Vovchok
Beginner

I tried with a dozen different driver versions - everyone has this problem.

The solution is reinstalling the driver automatically when loading windows, or enable forced output to this port without detecting TV (how to do this?).

By the way, the monitor instead of the tv works fine, but I need to connect exactly the tv.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. To restart Video Driver press Shift + Ctrl + Windows keys with left hand and press "B" key with the right hand.
  2. You may try to switch back and forth the video input on your TV.

Leon

0 Kudos
Vovchok
Beginner

Pressing Shift + Ctrl + Windows + "B" keys gives nothing (may be this doesn't apply to win7)... And switch back and forth the video input on TV doesn't force the driver to recognize the TV (it's simly not present as output monitor till reinstall the driver)

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Use NirSoft DevManView utility to restart this driver from Command line.
  2. This is explanation how to use it.
  3. If you prefer the Microsoft utility (in my opinion using the NirSoft tool is simpler), you may use the DevCon to restart your video driver

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User

I hope Leon's solution works for you.

Again, I have to say, Windows 7 support has been terminated and you likely will not be receiving any more driver updates. You really need to make the switch to Windows 10. I wasn't a fan early on (I am old and hate change), but it's really not that bad once you get used to it.

Wait, no, the Start Menu absolutely sucks. I want control over how *all* content is presented, including shortcuts for built-in and app store apps. While alphabetical ordering might work for newer used, it completely sucks for well-versed users. I want a hierarchical presentation capability like I had with Windows 7! I also want the ability back for putting a shortcut bar along other edges of the screen; all I can do now is overload the task bar with additional button bars, which sucks. I heard that MS is making some changes to the Start Menu in an upcoming release, but it is likely not going to get me what I want.

You do know that you can install Windows 10 essentially for free, right? While upgrading requires a Windows 10 license key, a from-scratch installation will accept old Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 license keys.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Vovchok
Beginner

I'm sory mr. n.scott.pearson, but OS upgrade is impossible in this case, because I need MSSQL2008, and it's incompatible with win10.

I trying to use DevCon to reinstall the driver, but so far unsuccessfully:

C:\Windows\system32>devcon.exe updateNI c:\Graphics\igdlh64.inf "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152&SUBSYS_308417AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10"

Updating drivers for PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152&SUBSYS_308417AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 from c:\ftp\Graphics\igdlh64.inf.

devcon.exe failed.

0 Kudos
Vovchok
Beginner

It turned out to restart the driver with the command

devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152*"

and TV started working through digital output

I put it in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

hope it will work (the PC used remotely and I can't reboot it now)

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I told you to use devcon.exe restart rather than devcon.exe updateNI. To execute devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152*" command you may prepare a .bat file and using a Task Scheduler, create a task to run it during Windows Startup.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"because I need MSSQL2008, and it's incompatible with win10."

Well, SQL server 2008 and Windows 7 are not supported by Microsoft. What do you think Microsoft would tell you if you were to ask for support of either?

And, you are using converters/adapters, which are not supported.

You need to update both your OS and SQL Server in order to have support. And, to do this, you need to upgrade your hardware. You are spending a lot of time trying to make something work with some TV, rather than facing the reality of your needs for the future. W7 and SQL Server 2008 are not current, and certainly not the future.

Face reality, and upgrade your software and hardware.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Vovchok
Beginner

SQL should be 2008, because our accounting program cannot work with a later version. And I don't ask Microsoft for support. I tried different converters and the result is the same - the IntelHD driver does not recognize this one TV (another monitor is working) through the digit output (the analogue VGA works, but the quality is poor). BIOS works fine and Linux too - only Windows with HD drivers is buggy (and Windows 10 by the way too).

Question: How to run a command as administrator in guest session startup without prompt for password?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Tell your accounting people to have their program updated. It is only 12 years behind. And, it should have migrated to SQL Server 2008 R2.

Personally, I do not buy in to this "I cannot upgrade" position for staying on old hardware and software.

Doc

0 Kudos
Vovchok
Beginner

Thank You for Your advice mr.Al.Hill , but I am not inclined to argue with people who pay me a salary.

I would like to see the answer to the question in the previous post, without any offtop please...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is a saying in consulting - if the customer wants it really bad, that is how they will get it.

Good luck moving forward.

Doc

0 Kudos
Vovchok
Beginner

Mr.LWAKSMAN, You immediately gave the correct answer, thank you and forgive my inattention!

I put devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0152*" in the scheduler when starting windows with administrator privileges and it working as it should.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You welcome. I'm glad that your problem is solved. I've checked if it is working before I've advised to you. I scheduled this task to run "When I logon"

Leon

0 Kudos