Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Iris XE and hulu

_lf
Beginner

I have updated to the latest intel IRIS XE Graphics for my `acer spin sp313-51n` and now Hulu A/V becomes unsynchronized.

I have also installed the latest intel killer WIFI drivers.

Hulu, Netflix, and Youtube can all become unsynchronized, its just that Hulu does it just about all the time 100%. Seems to be worse the further I am away from Wifi.

I suspect it's a video codec issue, but have no idea how to proceed with fixing it myself.

The drivers from acer seemed to work fine, and I did choose to install the Intel driver package over the OEM because the OEM was (2?) years old.

at first glance, it seems that videos that are stored locally and played with a local media player work fine.

Additionally, it appears that graphics rendering is fine, although I recall after this most recent format, quake 3 arena had some artifacts for some reason, but installing the video drivers from intel fixed that, and i don't think the package from Acer had that problem, but this is my first format.

I have attached the most recent DXDIAG and system information.

Microsoft Windows (11-home) [Version 10.0.22621.2283]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear @_lf,

We sincerely appreciate your post on the Intel® communities, and we're eager to assist you with your query.

It's important to note that Intel® offers generic versions of software and drivers. However, when it comes to laptops, the computer manufacturer (OEM), in this case, Acer, often introduces alterations, customizations, or other modifications to the standard features.

To ensure the best performance and compatibility for your Acer laptop, we strongly recommend utilizing the drivers provided by the manufacturer. This approach helps you avoid any potential issues that may arise from using non-customized drivers.

In this scenario, try getting the latest driver from Acer on their website: SP313-51N

Alternatively, you may opt for a clean install of our most recent driver version: 31.0.101.4885. It's important to note, however, that this is a universal driver. Intel strongly advises utilizing the OEM drivers specifically designed for OEM laptops for the best performance and compatibility.

If the problem continues to persist, we recommend sharing the SSU (System Support Utility) report with us.

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello, _lf

We hope you are well.

Have you had a chance to review the previous post?

Please be aware that Intel® provides generic software and drivers. However, for laptops, like your Acer, the manufacturer (OEM) typically makes customizations to ensure optimal performance and compatibility.

To ensure the best experience for your Acer laptop, we strongly advise using the drivers provided by Acer. This will help you avoid any potential issues that could arise from using non-customized drivers.

In this case, please try obtaining the latest driver from Acer's website: SP313-51N.

Alternatively, you may consider a clean installation of our most recent universal driver, version 31.0.101.4885. However, for the best performance and compatibility, we recommend using Acer's OEM drivers designed specifically for their laptops.

If the issue persists, kindly share the SSU (System Support Utility) report with us.

Let us know if you still require assistance, or we will close the thread.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello ,_lf

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos