Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Iris XE seriously slow

emiiii87
Beginner

Hi all, I have a Lenovo ThinkBook with an Intel i5-1135 G7 CPU with integrated Iris Xe Graphics and a Nvidia GeForce MX450.

All that regards GPU is performing seriously slow, from internet browsing, with edge and chrome randomly crashing or becoming completely black, to video playing

(e.g. whatsapp slow res videos got gpu to 100% lagging and blurring)

Playing 4K video from youtube is completely impossible, and often 720p too.

Using libre office draw is lagging and slow too

I'm using Windows 11 22621.2428 with updated intel and nvidia drivers.

Do you have any idea? That's really frustrating, and I'm really thinking to make a clean install of Windows

0 Kudos
1 Solution
emiiii87
Beginner

Maybe you got me on the right way!

Disabling the MPO got slightly better, but then I completely disabled the switchable graphics from the BIOS and now, using only the Intel Iris it seems going a lot better!

I actually don't need the nvidia gpu, using that computer only for office activity.

Let me see how it runs during the next days, but I'm quite optimist, thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Armagedon
Beginner

Sounds like another victim of Microsoft MPO, give a try of the Nvidia solution, worked for me and many others to be happy with the computer again.

After updating to NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 461.09 or newer, some desktop apps may flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PC configurations | NVIDIA (custhelp.com)

Note: time to time this service that no one clear explain what it do come back from the limbo to do his function, to haunt computers, because disabling it just make everything work again better and... nothing stop to work, in fact start to work after we put it to sleep again.

I hope it work for you.

emiiii87
Beginner

Maybe you got me on the right way!

Disabling the MPO got slightly better, but then I completely disabled the switchable graphics from the BIOS and now, using only the Intel Iris it seems going a lot better!

I actually don't need the nvidia gpu, using that computer only for office activity.

Let me see how it runs during the next days, but I'm quite optimist, thanks a lot!

Armagedon
Beginner

I'm happy it helped in some level, run a external display maybe smoother too and if it didn't I bet drivers incompability or  change the thermal paste on the chipsets, if one of them run below of the initial project params all these sync passthrough dGPU-iGPU-Display can suffer.

Here to help. 🤝

0 Kudos