Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Iris Xe Max Issue with COMSOL window and SyncTrayzor

Radddder
Novice

As the title says, COMSOL and SyncTrayzor cannot display GUI normally with Iris Xe Max.

COMSOL : COMSOL cannot display model updates in real time. I have to switch windows to see the model.

SyncTrayzor:I can only see a blank window.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Radddder
Novice

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have solved one of the problems——Synctrayzor provided a version update and prompts that hardware rendering needs to be turned off when using Xe Graphics. So I can use synctrayzor normally.

As for COMSOL,I am now using an HEDT platform with Nvidia Graphics. So it won't bother me any more.

Anyway, thanks for your support very much.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Radddder,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following reports and information to continue.

- DXDIAG

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Notes:

With the graphics report you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one you currently use.

Use the option under the reply window to attach the reports to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

- Do you currently have the latest version of both programs?  

- Have you tried to reinstall both software?

- Could you please provide a video showing this behavior on both software?

- When you say that you have to “to switch windows to see the model” what exactly do you mean? Are you using a dual boot?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Radddder
Novice

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the latest version of both programs.

I have tried to reinstall COMSOL 5.5.

I have attached the DxDiag file. Later I will provide a video.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Radddder,

We appreciate the information and report provided. We will be waiting for your video; however, in the meantime would you mind providing the following:

1. Did any of the software mentioned work fine before? If yes, were there any recent changes related to hardware or software (OS update/ driver update/another third-party program)to the point when the issue started?
  2. Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  3. Were you able to test these two programs with the graphic drivers provided by the manufacturer of your board?
  4. Have you had any contact with both software developers to see if there are any issues reported with platforms such as yours on their newest releases?

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Radddder
Novice

Hello, thanks for replying.

I have attached one video (COMSO 5.5).

These two softwares work well on other platforms(i3-10100f+RTX 3080, i5-10210u). I bought a notebook (Acer Swift S3X) with Iris Xe Max graphics  one month ago. After trying various versions of the driver, I found that both software could not run normally. I have tested the graphic drivers provided by Acer.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Radddder,

We appreciate the information provided and we have a few questions we would like you to respond to and a few recommendations:

- Were you able to test both programs with older driver versions from both Acer’s end and our end?

- Have you had any contact with both software developers to see if there are any issues reported with platforms such as yours on their newest releases?

- Do both of these software support English?

- Please complete a clean installation of the latest driver provided by your OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) and test both programs after the installation is complete, if the customized driver doesn’t work, you can try with our generic version.

Clean installation instructions

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Latest Acer driver

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/EE/content/drivers

Note: To find the driver please use your serial number and download the latest one available.

Latest Intel driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30266/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Note:

• If the installation is unsuccessful with the .exe file an installation with the .zip file can be completed.
  • After you download the drivers disconnect from the Internet, so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update while the instructions are been followed.

Important notes:

• Our support is only provided in English. 
  • We may not be able to translate screenshots/ videos attached to the thread. 
  • To better assist you, we use a translation tool embedded in this Intel Community.  

Regards,

Victor G.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Radddder
Novice

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have solved one of the problems——Synctrayzor provided a version update and prompts that hardware rendering needs to be turned off when using Xe Graphics. So I can use synctrayzor normally.

As for COMSOL,I am now using an HEDT platform with Nvidia Graphics. So it won't bother me any more.

Anyway, thanks for your support very much.

0 Kudos
Promasree
Beginner

Hey Radder. Even i am facing same issue. bought new laptop 11 gen 8GB ram. Intel irirs xe graphics card inbuilt. COMSOL 5.5 graphics window is not responding. What should I do? Kindly help.

Did you install Nvidia graphics separately? 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Radddder,

We are glad that you were able to sort things out, we will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information; you are more than welcome to submit a new question just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos