Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20738 Discussions

Is anyone having an issue with HP Spectre X360 touch screen and a 'ghost' or second mouse locking the screen?

JPeas
Beginner

I have posted a photo of what I mean by my question. The issue arises randomly but when it does my only option is to reboot the system as the 'qhost' mouse keeps taking the focus from whatever I am working on. The retailer from whom I bought it says that it's just a graphics driver glitch. Any ideas - has anyone experienced or seen this before?

Many thanks

John

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi JPinPerth,

It is the first time I heard about this issue. I reviewed graphics database and there are no cases related to that. I believe it might be a driver issue with your mouse or mouse pad.

I suggest you to update BIOS and drivers from your system manufacturer website.

http://support.hp.com/us-en HP Customer Support | HP® Customer Support

Let me know how it works.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
JPeas
Beginner

Many thanks Mike

I have done what you say, i.e. updated BIOS and drivers for graphics and touch pad and so far so good. But bearing in mind that the issue occurs randomly, I will keep my fingers crossed for the moment. I will update this thread in a week to confirm as I have experienced the issue at least 2-3 times a week.

Regards,

John P

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JPinPerth,

Please remember to update the chipset driver and any other main driver.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JPinPerth,

I am following your case. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Mike C

0 Kudos
JPeas
Beginner

Hello Mike

I have reinstalled / updated all of the HP drivers. I have had the problem repeat once since then. I have noticed that it seems to happen when I am connected to power rather than running off the battery.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JPinPerth,

It is a rare issue. I suggest you to take your pc to Hewlett Packard or any other pc shop, double check the behavior of your pc with any other compatible power adapter.

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JPinPerth,

It is a rare issue. I suggest you to take your pc to Hewlett Packard or any other pc shop, double check the behavior of your pc with any other compatible power adapter.

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JPinPerth,

Mike C
0 Kudos